Assistant Professor, Criminal Justice
As Assistant Professor of criminal justice, you will teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; conduct research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives; and perform other duties as assigned.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to: be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus, online, or at off-campus sites within our region.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Plans and teaches courses in assigned course.
- Prepares syllabi, instruction materials, coordinates lectures, tests, and evaluates.
- Maintains highest possible standards of classroom instruction.
- Keeps abreast of new information and developments in field of instruction.
- Actively serves on university committees.
- Actively participates in institutional meetings.
- Active research agenda and disseminates research at conferences, in journals, etc.
- Maintains professional skills through regular professional development, and other activities appropriate to higher education faculty.
- Assists with the development of curriculum.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Additional Job Description
- Ph.D. in criminal justice or criminology, or related area from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Assistant Professor.
- ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2021. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- Experience as an employee for a criminal justice agency. Qualified to teach Theory and criminal justice management courses. Interdisciplinary teaching and research perspective with well-defined research goals. Willingness to engage in service opportunities commensurate with career maturity. Experience as an employee for a criminal justice agency.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Experience with and commitment to the use of instructional technology, a willingness to cultivate an interdisciplinary perspective; and a demonstrated commitment to professional development.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university.
- Ability to contribute effectively and collegially to a positive, dynamic, and inclusive learning environment for a diverse student population.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Appointment will be made on a 9-month multi-year appointment basis available August 2021.
Because applications and materials are subject to public review and retention under Florida’s Public Records Law, please DO NOT send examples of your project/scholarship unless requested to do so. Therefore all submitted materials including articles, disks, slides, books, etc., become the property of FGCU and CANNOT BE RETURNED. As applicable, finalists will be notified of the need to submit specific additional materials. Such materials will become the property of FGCU.
Under Florida’s Public Records law, applications will be available for public review upon request.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- List five (5) Professional References
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Additional Materials (the application will ask you to upload any additional required documents from the job posting.) The following are the additional that should be uploaded in that section:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
The position is listed as “open until filled”, however applications received by Monday November 30, 2020 receive priority consideration.
Salary is $56,000.00 - Negotiable
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Fort Myers