OPS Web Applications Assistant
The OPS Web Applications Assistant will carry out projects and duties related to the creation and support of software applications for the University Library’s Systems & Scholarly Communication Department, and to develop web applications and services with an emphasis on user experience.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
Develops and maintains front-end components of the University Library web presence.
Helps configure and support the library applications essential to operation of the library, such as Ex Libris Alma/Primo VE integrated library system.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Must be a currently enrolled student at Florida Gulf Coast University.
Experience with Interface front-end components with back-end RESTful web services and APIs.
Experience developing back-end web services using a scripting language (e.g. Python, PHP, C#)
Experience with XML and XML schemas
Experience with User Interface Design
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, as well as maintain a positive working relationship with the library staff.
- Ability to use good judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to create accurate, effective, efficient, secure, standards-based, coded projects.
- Strong communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills, systems, and procedures.
All employees are expected to:
Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Librarians & Library Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Disabled Student Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers