OPS Administrative Specialist, Naples Center
- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida, United States
- Salary Not Specified
- Posted Date
- Oct 28, 2020
- Position Type
- Administrative, Academic Affairs, Academic Administration, Business & Administrative Affairs, Business & Administrative Support, Other Business & Administrative Affairs
- Employment Level
- Employment Type
- Part Time
The Administrative Specialist oversees the day-to-day administrative operations of The Renaissance Academy located in South Naples.
Typical job duties include but are not limited to:
- Sorts Mail and delivers packages.
- Files paperwork, makes copies, and compiles documents.
- Provides administrative support to include maintaining schedule/calendar, screening telephone communication, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries.
- Establishes and maintains systems for administration of records for the area, including electronic files, records, and databases.
- Composes and prepares written documents and correspondence for the office, including memos, letters, presentations, and spreadsheets.
- Prepares special spreadsheet reports and presentations as needed. May prepare brochures or update department web site content.
- Small assigned projects as needed.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Four years of relevant administrative support experience.
- Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Experience with classroom technology and setup like projectors, webcams, amplified sound.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn new applications and systems.
- Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and reports.
- Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Familiarity of classroom technology and setup like projectors, webcams, amplified sound.
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert