University Code 35014 University Title Senior Student Services Technician 1 University Job Family Student Services ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search Regional Working Title Operations Specialist Position Number 590970 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Non-Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Financial Aid Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships is recruiting for an Operations Specialist opening to support student enrollment, retention, and success at VCU . Reporting to the Assistant Director of Operations, the Operations Specialist performs activities related to the effective operations of VCU financial aid programs.
- Review, resolve, and process financial aid functions as required.
- Assists with compiling and awarding financial aid packages for all student populations.
- Adjusts awards and student cost of attendance for changes in enrollment status or eligibility.
- Applies federal, state and institutional regulations, policies, and procedures governing financial aid.
- Processes student loan forms, originates
Federal PLUS loans, certifies private alternative loans and communicates with private loan lenders to resolve issues.
- Assists to complete operations reports to maintain daily, weekly, or monthly assignments.
Minimum Hiring Standards
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent education and training.
- Experience in a high-volume, customer-oriented office environment.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to excel within a complex, high volume operation with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of diverse constituents and colleagues.
- Ability to communicate effectively, in writing and verbally, with constituents of the University.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to understand the relationship of the Internal Revenue Service and Free Application for Federal Student Aid data elements when assessing/updating the financial aid record of a student.
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
- Experience within major areas of higher education financial aid business process and
- Experience using student information systems such as Banner, CPS, COD, ElmSelect software to process financial aid.
- Demonstrated experience supporting office projects toward successful and timely resolutions to drive student enrollment, retention, and success.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $34,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F Job Open Date 10/27/2020 Posting will close on or before 11/08/2020 Open Until Filled No Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101386 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience working in a college/university
financial aid office or similar unit?
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Completed high school diploma or GED
- Completed Associate's degree or 2 years of college
- Completed Bachelor's degree
- Completed Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Financial Aid Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond