Assistant Director, Career Development
About Salve Regina University:
Salve Regina University, ranked as one of the most transformative colleges in the United States by Money Magazine and among the best regional universities in the north by U.S. News and World Report, is a comprehensive Catholic University located in the scenic coastal community of Newport, Rhode Island. The University's commitment to academic success and personal discovery extends beyond its historic campus into a dynamic world where the application of higher thinking and skill are most valued. Salve Regina offers associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, graduate certificates, and doctoral programs in humanities, international relations and nursing. Enrollment includes more than 2,600 undergraduate and graduate students from across the U.S. and around the world.
Provide individual and group career advising to Salve Regina students and alumni at all stages of their career development. Create and facilitate career programs including networking nights and career workshops. Professionally represent the office at University functions, and articulate the value of career development to all constituents. Oversee Peer Career Advisor program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate individual and group career advising sessions, assisting with résumé and cover letter writing, interviewing techniques, exploring career options, and conducting a professional job/internship search.
- Develop and deliver targeted workshops, scheduled classroom presentations, mock interviews exercises, and other topical programs.
- Plan and facilitate networking events each semester. Manage all aspects of event planning including collaborating with academic departments, conducting outreach to alumni and employer participants, coordinating venue reservation and catering needs, and conducting post-program assessment.
- Oversee signature programs aligned with the Office of Career Development four-year career-readiness plan.
- Assist in developing print materials and social media content to promote events, and collaborate with Design Services and career development staff as needed.
- Oversee Career Peer Advisor program. Hire, train and supervise student staff members, develop best-practice training materials, annually evaluate program activity and individual student performance.
- Gain proficiency utilizing Handshake system to manage student appointments and program calendar.
- Represent career development office at campus-wide events, and serve on University committees as assigned.
- Participate in professional development activities, and maintain membership with national and regional professional associations.
- Collaborate with all Career Development staff members and contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Complete other duties as assigned. Occasional weekend and/or evening hours will be required.
Bachelor's degree required: master's degree preferred. Experience with career counseling and programming, and strong understanding of student development issues in a college setting also preferred. The ideal candidate for this position will be an energetic self-starter, with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Successful candidates will possess a positive attitude, strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, the ability to effectively interface with a diversity of populations, and a proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Salve Regina University offers generous benefits to eligible employees including:
- health and dental coverage
- life insurance
- long-term disability
- 403B plan
- tuition benefits and more
Salve Regina University strives to provide equal opportunity in employment and education to all employees, students and applicants. No employee, student or applicant shall be discriminated against or harassed on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, age, marital or parental status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal or state law, in the administration of Salve Regina's employment policies, education policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other University administered programs. In accordance with Title IX, it does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its educational programs or activities. Salve Regina is also committed to making its programs and campus accessible to its visitors and compliant with all applicable non-discrimination laws.
Applicants must apply online for any open staff and faculty positions by providing a cover-letter and resume. Pre-employment background checks and reference checks are required of successful candidates. Salve Regina University participates in E-verify.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Alumni Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Newport