Synthetic Chemistry Technician
Synthetic Chemistry Technician
Founded in 1898, Northeastern is a global research university and the recognized leader in experience-driven lifelong learning. Our world-renowned experiential approach empowers our students, faculty, alumni, and partners to create impact far beyond the confines of discipline, degree, and campus.
Our locations—in Boston; Charlotte, North Carolina; London; Portland, Maine; San Francisco; Seattle; Silicon Valley; Toronto; Vancouver; and the Massachusetts communities of Burlington and Nahant—are nodes in our growing global university system. Through this network, we expand opportunities for flexible, student-centered learning and collaborative, solutions-focused research.
Northeastern's comprehensive array of undergraduate and graduate programs— in a variety of on-campus and online formats—lead to degrees through the doctorate in nine colleges and schools. Among these, we offer more than 195 multi-discipline majors and degrees designed to prepare students for purposeful lives and careers.
About the Opportunity:
The candidate will participate as a part of a highly collaborative research team comprising chemists, biologists, and engineers within the Biomaterials Design Group led by Leila Deravi in the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology at Northeastern University. The position will be based out of Northeastern's Innovation Campus in Burlington, MA. The candidate will be expected to contribute to protocol development; synthesis and scaling of pigments, preliminary design of coating formulations, and consolidating their findings concisely in regular research updates/reports. The appointment is for one year and may be extended pending regular progress evaluation.
- Synthesis, purification, and scaling of pigments for coatings (including protocol development and validation)
- Prepare and write research updates, reports, presentations, etc
- BS degree in chemistry, materials science/engineering or related field (M.S. preferred)
- Knowledge in fundamental organic and biological chemistry with a demonstrated independence in design and execution of experiments.
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong background and proven track record in synthetic chemistry with familiarity in designing, synthesizing, and characterizing small molecules.
- A basic understanding of formulation design for coatings including their characterization will be required.
- Experience in translating a synthetic approach from the mg scale to the 100's mg or gram scale would be a bonus
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University's commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.
To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/879/cw/en-us/job/504047