Research Fellow -Advanced Institute of Global and Contemporary China Studies
The Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen) is established in accordance with the Regulations of the People???s Republic of China on Chinese-foreign Cooperation in Running Schools upon approval of the Ministry of Education. It inherits the educational philosophy and academic systems of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. It is intended to evolve into a world class research university with strong Chinese cultural influence. It is committed to nurturing high end talent with global perspective, Chinese tradition and social responsibility.
The Advanced Institute of Global and Contemporary China Studies (GCCS) is an interdisciplinary social science research institution under a statute of School of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS), the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen). It bridges academic research and policy analysis while providing excellent talent training. We aim to build it as an international knowledge hub on world development, particularly China. At this stage, our research covers a wide range of subjects, including the development of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, South China Common Market, China???s reform and opening policy, China???s foreign policy and international relations, Asia???s changing geopolitics and security, technological change and international relations, among many others. Members of institution will have the opportunity to access the facilities of both the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Shenzhen) in undertaking and conducting their research projects.
Located in the frontier of China???s reform and opening policy as well as the superior geographical advantages of CHUKSZ, GCCS is committed to improving and promoting regional and national development by providing timely, realistic, objective and farsighted policy analysis.
Professor ZHENG Yongnian is the founding Director of GCCS.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting academic and policy research and undertaking project management;
- Participating in the host organization???s activities, including student-faculty seminars, workshops, and public lectures;
- Communicating and collaborating with other research institutes around the world;
- Performing other research-related duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A PhD degree in related social science disciplines, preferably political science, economics, and sociology;
- Able to use English as working language and write research papers;
- Solid background in scientific research and high-quality paper publication record;
- Able to communicate and cooperate with colleagues in different fields, and abide by academic ethics;
- 5-15 years of research experience in the following fields: public policy, public administration, global affairs, Asian affairs, Asian foreign policy, international relations, international political economy, social governance, digital economy, maritime economy, or related disciplines.
- An excellent publication record in international journals.
- The visiting scholar is expected to be in residence for 6-12 months.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CHUK-Shenzhen and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Applicants should send a full curriculum vitae and the cover letter together with any other related materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be required to arrange three recommendation letters after being shortlisted. Resume should contain the following information:
- Research areas and research interests;
- Personal information, including educational background, work experience, awards and other related information;
- Published papers with indication of the authorship and information about the impact factor of the related journals and the citations of the papers.
Application deadline: November 30th, 2020
Apply for Research Fellow -Advanced Institute of Global and Contemporary China Studies
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly