Job ID: 221344
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Perform skilled maintenance services to support Residential and Auxiliary Facilities to maintain excellent student housing complexes. Provide compliance in order to protect both employee, students and general public who frequent housing complexes.
Shift Specifics: Monday - Friday, 3:00 PM - 12:00 AM
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Ensure compliance to time-lines, inspection frequencies, standard operating procedures, avoiding repeat repairs
- Coordinate all maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance schedules, new installations of plumbing, electrical and carpentry fixtures relatives to building assigned
- Maintain specialized and general maintenance skills
- Adhere to universal precautions are standard operating procedures.
- Depending on peak work demands, modify work assignment based on supervisory input
- Periodically perform following tasks (i.e., pressure washing, litter pick-up, demolition, painting, room cleaning, furniture moving, floor care repair)
- Accurately follow maintenance assignments
- Apply strict adherence to employee handbook when working within housing complexes
- Prepare daily log sheets accounting for full work schedule (all tasks accomplished by employee for that specific day)
- Perform specialized repair procedures relating to removal of moisture damage, lockout/tag-out of electrical and plumbing devices, operation of motorized equipment, emergency preparedness response, work clearance for alarm detection, lockdown procedures, elevator entrapment, working within non permit required confined spaces(Attics, closets, etc.), flood response
- Follow interim life safety measures, spill prevention and clean-up
- Utilize appropriate protective clothing and equipment based on repair type
- Manage hazardous materials
- Follow appropriate precautionary steps when working in buildings with known asbestos and lead paint
- Conduct job risk assessments for specialized repairs
- Respond to water shut-off and/or utility disruptions
- Maintain use of emergency generators as needed
- Follow appropriate construction code requirements
- Strictly adhere to universal precautions applied to all repairs and renovation tasks
- Follow proper dilution rates, manufacturing recommendations and standard safety operating procedures
- Numerous procedures, rules, and key management requirements must be strictly followed to ensure both safety and privacy for our student residents
- Maintain, repair, and clean all tools, equipment, assigned service vehicles, and mechanical spaces
- Conduct work performance reviews monthly on all Maintenance Workers
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) years of related work experience
$30,900 - $37,800
Required Documents to Attach
Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section on your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Independent thinker and worker
- Read and comprehend maintenance procedures and standards
- Work independently and follow instructions
- Ability to operate a service vehicle
- Read, comprehend and interpret blueprints, read symbols as it relate to mechanical systems and/or construction documents
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Thorough knowledge of residential maintenance practices and techniques to include, but not limited to following trades: electrical, plumbing, carpentry, masonry and painting
- Work environment is positioned around and inside of private living quarters of student residents so highest integrity is needed
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relation skills
- Experience with safe operation of motorized/powered machinery and application of proper body mechanics
- Develop and create procedures and documents to aid in prevention of work related injuries, hazard identification and risk control measures for residential maintenance systems
- Operate hand, precision, and power tools standard to trade
Apply Before Date
January 8, 2021
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Proof of valid driver's license upon hire and throughout employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work night shifts with little to no supervisory assistance and/or guidance provided
- Employee must occasionally work on weekends and occasionally work before or after scheduled hours
- Required to use assortment of chemicals, hand tools and powered machinery
- Required to walk, climb, balance, stretch, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch and stand throughout day
- Must be able to stretch arms over head
- On occasion, work in non permit required confined spaces (Attics, closets, etc.)
- May be required to be able to move 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- On occasion, will work from lifts, scaffolding and ladders to reach desires work areas
- Exposed to outdoor elements
9920201 - Structural Maintenance
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=221344&PostingSeq=1