University of Idaho
Division/College: Col of Agricultural & Life Sciences
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.40 per hour or higher depending upon experience and education
Full/Part Time: Part Time
The individual in this position will conduct complex secretarial, office administration, and public relations assignments to provide support for faculty, staff and students in the Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences. Tasks will include assisting faculty in following university and college guidelines in submitting paperwork and ensuring that all deadlines are met for tenure and promotion; coordinating position searches and working with other university offices to ensure proper procedures during hiring processes; assisting in maintaining departmental website and social media accounts; supporting FCS teaching, research, and Extension activities by assisting with the planning and hosting of events; assisting faculty with the timely review and acceptance of graduate students, including the drafting of acceptance letters; track graduate student evaluations and assisting graduate students with required forms and important dates/deadlines; and maintaining a welcoming and professional office environment that fosters excellence and achievement.
• Education and/or Experience: 1 year of experience providing administrative support in a fast-paced setting with little supervision that requires time management and organization skills.
• Experience using computer software and applications for word processing, email, internet searches, and data organization.
• Experience working in a team environment to accomplish shared goals.
• Experience with written communication skills.
• Experience balancing and coordinating a workload for multiple projects.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in office management, business or a related field OR at least 2 years of experience providing administrative support.
• Experience crafting and examining office documents and data/reports for accuracy and completeness.
• Experience processing financial transactions and adhering to a budget.
• Experience in interpreting, applying, and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services.
• Experience with UI Banner system including human resources and student modules, VandalWeb, Chrome River, and Argos.
• Experience in a position where interaction with students and faculty was a primary function.
• Knowledge of higher education academic rules, regulations, procedures, curriculum, and graduation requirements.
• Ability to independently solve problems and perform liaison activities in a work setting.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002622P
Posting Date: 10/26/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
First consideration will be given to those who apply by November 22, 2020. The position will remain open until suitable applicant pool has been identified.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification” must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.