Job no: 494720
Position type: Full time
Division/Equivalent: Administration and Finance
School/Unit: Information Technology Services
Department/Office: Information Technology Services
Categories: Information Management & Technology
SUNY Brockport is accepting applications for a Lead Programmer/Analyst. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Enterprise Systems Programming, the Lead Programmer/Analyst should be an energetic, motivated individual with excellent interpersonal communication skills. The individual in this position will be responsible for maintaining data integration and synchronization between systems, working both independently and as part of a team and will be expected to maintain an exceptional understanding of software technology, functions and operational procedures.
- Provides programming and system support for the Campus Information System and Ellucian banner including the analysis, development, implementation, testing, management, enhancement and integration of software applications.
- Assists with day-to-day production problem resolution, including urgent and/or complex client issues and provide assistance and support to administrative and academic departments.
- Assists the programming team in the development and adoption of new technologies.
- Provides technical support, best practices and training for various departments across campus.
- Collaborates with other team members and functional users to ensure the successful installation of the product patches and releases.
- Prepares technical and user documentation.
- Develops reports, programs and procedures.
- Modifies existing programs and procedures as necessary to meet college needs.
- Manages medium scale initiatives with limited supervision.
- Assists with training and on-boarding of new programming staff.
- Collaborates with various technical and functional departments to recommend changes/enhancements that improve program performance or application processing.
- Provides integration support for multiple external systems and Ellucian Banner.
- Assists with Banner systems support and maintenance.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or an internationally recognized college or university.
- Minimum of five years of programming experience.
- Experience developing and supporting PL/SQL applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and keep up-to-date with emerging technology.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse environment with a variety of constituents.
- Programming experience supporting Ellucian Banner software or other higher education enterprise software.
- Experience producing high quality documentation.
- Experience developing reports using the Evisions Argos reporting tool.
- Experience with Ellucian Banner Partner Products including Evisions, Banner Document Management System (Xtender), Degree Works, Blackboard, Starfish, Cbord, Nelnet, Slate and various other applications.
- Experience with the use of Unix/Linux commands.
- Experience developing solutions for software applications and systems.
The Information Technology Services' mission is to provide leadership, access and support for the Brockport information and technology needs of the college community. Our vision is to provide anywhere, anytime access to applications, systems, and support needed by the College in pursuit of its mission. Strategies we are using to meet that vision are:
The College and Region
SUNY Brockport serves a diverse student body of over 7,100 undergraduate and 1,100 graduate students enrolled in 50 undergraduate majors and more than 50 masters' programs, teacher certification programs and advanced graduate certificates supported by more than 750 instructional faculty and professional staff. The College is an inclusive learning community that inspires excellence through growth, engagement, and transformation.
The College is located along the famous Erie Canal, in the village of Brockport in western New York State, a region known for its low cost of living and stable housing market. The College benefits from a small-town atmosphere, even while located near major metropolitan cities. Brockport is:
- 16 miles west of the city of Rochester, which is the home of
the Rochester Institute of Technology, the University of Rochester,
the Eastman School of Music, the Strong National Museum of Play,
and the Rochester Red Wings AAA baseball franchise;
- 45 miles east of Buffalo, which is the home of the University
of Buffalo, the Bills NFL franchise, and the Sabres NHL
- 75 miles from Niagara Falls USA, which features the American,
Horseshoe and Bridal Veil Falls;
- 140 miles from Toronto, the largest city in Canada and the home
of the University of Toronto; and
- 350 miles from the many attractions of New York City.
- The area features a number of technology companies, including
Paychex, Xerox, and Kodak, and other large companies such as
Wegmans and Excellus. Rochester and its suburbs feature some of the
highest-quality public, private, parochial, and charter schools in
New York State. The region is known for its natural beauty,
including Lake Ontario, the Genesee River (with three major
waterfalls in Letchworth State Park), and the Finger Lakes region
with its notable vineyards and wineries.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurances, retirement and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should apply online at jobs.brockport.edu and submit a cover letter, resume and the names, addresses and phone number of three professional references. Review of application materials will begin immediately and application materials will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
New York State Executive Order 161
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Diversity Statement
We are part of an academic community committed to fostering integrity, civility, and justice. We affirm that the dignity of our Brockport community is protected when free speech, academic freedom and individual rights are expressed within a climate of civility and mutual respect. Striving to learn from each other, we value human diversity because it enriches our lives and it is fundamental to the College's commitment to teaching, learning, scholarship and service leading to student success.
SUNY Brockport is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.
To apply, visit https://jobs.hr.brockport.edu/cw/en-us/job/494720/lead-programmeranalyst