Assistant Director, Gilliam Center for Entrepreneurship
The Gilliam Center for Entrepreneurship (GCFE) https://www.jmu.edu/cob/centers/center-for-entrepreneurship/index.shtml is seeking applications and nominations for the position of assistant director. Informed by our institutional commitment to inclusion, access and equity, the individual in this position, in reporting to the executive director, will be instrumental in integrating entrepreneurial mindset into the fabric of James Madison University that advances knowledge and practice of building entrepreneurial excellence through diversity.
A distinguishing characteristic of the GCFE is its strong interdisciplinary foundation and approach to entrepreneurship. This is supported by the GCFE’s activities in the areas of practice, teaching, and research. The assistant director will be responsible for partnering with and supporting the executive director and other stakeholders to manage and execute entrepreneurship programs. Stakeholders include donors, students, faculty, staff, and community/business partners. The ideal candidate will have a balanced portfolio of experiences in the practice and pedagogy of entrepreneurship that values diversity. This position is a 12-month Administrative and Professional Faculty position.
The assistant director should have prior work experience in higher education and/or professional experience, including five years of first-person experience in startups or small business. Demonstrated success in developing and delivering educational entrepreneurship programs is preferred. The candidate should provide evidence of successfully collaborating with diverse students, faculty, communities and benefactors. The successful candidate must have demonstrated ability to work as part of a diverse team. A masters degree is required.
- Develop innovative programming to support the entrepreneurship initiative with stakeholders across campus.
- Facilitate faculty and student interest and success in the scholarship and practice of entrepreneurship through cross campus relationship development.
- Act as a spokesperson for the GCFE on campus, to University leadership and national and international conferences.
- Coach GCFE Incubator students and connect them with volunteer alumni mentors, as needed
- Act as GCFE liaison for the Entrepreneurship Faculty Fellows and building strong diverse lines of communication, therein.
- Serve on COB and University wide committees, task forces, etc. at the discretion of the GCFE executive director or COB Dean.
- Mentor students on educational and programming opportunities, including academic minors, conferences, competitions, and about the importance of entrepreneurial excellence through diversity.
- Act as staff advisor for student clubs and organizations affiliated with the GCFE.
- Nurture and build diverse networks of supporters of the GCFE.
- Lead and direct the operations manager for GCFE.
- Foster development of programming focusing on positive interactions among diverse populations and maximizing the benefits of multicultural and inclusive perspectives.
Required Application Materials
To apply, visit http://joblink.jmu.edu/postings/7928 or go to http://JobLink.jmu.edu and reference posting number F1510. Candidates will complete the application and attach the following documents:
- Cover letter. In addition to articulating interest and qualifications, this document must include a discussion of the candidate’s contributions or potential contributions to the diversity of the GCFE, the university and its community.
- Resume (including e-mail address, telephone, mailing address and at least three references)
Review of applications will begin November 6, 2020. If you have any questions, please contact the search chair, Samantha Collier, at email@example.com. Maximum starting salary is $54,000, commensurate with experience.
James Madison University is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Anyone having questions concerning discrimination should contact the Office for Equal Opportunity: (540) 568-6991.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Harrisonburg