Clinical Assistant Professor in the Child Welfare Education and Research Programs
The University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work invites applications for a full-time, 12-month appointment stream, non-tenured position, as Clinical Assistant Professor in the Child Welfare Education and Research Programs. The position is available immediately. Salary is commensurate with experience. The assignment is on the Oakland campus in Pittsburgh.
The School of Social Work at Pitt celebrated its 100th
anniversary in 2018 and is consistently ranked among the top
schools of social work in the nation. The school is known
nationally for its long-standing strength and commitment to child
welfare education, workforce development and community engagement.
We seek candidates who will contribute to efforts to advance our
child welfare programs, support teaching and learning, and address
the changing landscape of social work education and child welfare
practice within an intellectually stimulating and supportive
The faculty member will serve as the Academic Coordinator of the Child Welfare Education for Baccalaureates (CWEB) program (https://www.socialwork.pitt.edu/researchtraining/child-welfare-programs/child-welfare-education-baccalaureates). The faculty member is responsible for extensive contact with the administrators, faculty, and students in a consortium of least at fifteen universities in Pennsylvania approved to participate in the CWEB program. In addition, our program seeks applicants for this position who are prepared to teach in the BASW program with a focus on child welfare policies and services and generalist social work practice. The duties of the position include considerable administrative detail, some travel, academic advising of undergraduate students, liaison with agencies and students completing field work, classroom teaching, project evaluation, and participation in School of Social Work faculty affairs.
- Must have an MSW degree from a CSWE accredited Social Work Program and a Doctorate in Social Work or closely related field from an accredited institution
- Five or more years of post-MSW clinical practice experience
- Experience working with ethnically and culturally diverse populations in a child welfare setting
- Successful university/college-level teaching experience
- Experience in mentoring students/workforce development
- Demonstrated ability to teach social work courses (e.g., human behavior in the social environment, generalist social work practice, child welfare policy and services, evidence-based interventions)
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Experience in program evaluation and community-based participatory research
Complete applications will include (1) a letter of application detailing interest and relevant experience; (2) curriculum vitae; and (3) names of three professional references. If you have any difficulty using the link, please contact Michael Schrecengost at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The University of Pittsburgh is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and values equality of opportunity, human dignity and diversity, EOE, including disability/vets.