Full-Time HVAC Technician
Full-Time HVAC Technician
Posting Number: 0000998
PS Position#: 00000106
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Starting salary range is based on the Lee College Classified Staff Salary Scale, B23. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position will maintain heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems in facilities on and off main campus. The HVAC Technician will perform preventative and corrective maintenance, and general installation of all types of HVAC equipment including boilers, chillers, cooking towers, air handing units, fan coil units, direct expansion units, chilled and hot water pumps, condensate units, steam traps, heat exchangers, exhaust fans, fme hoods, water heaters, coolers, freezers, ice machines, and associated motors.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain pumps, motors, piping, and controls for HVAC
- Repair equipment including leaks, replace defective parts, and
tune equipment for optimum operations.
- Evacuate and recharge refrigeration systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair 3-phase motor controls and related
- Perform maintenance and repair of pneumatic, electric, and
direct digital control systems.
- Work with specialized contractor services on large equipment
- Repair, replace, weld, and thread steel pipe and equipment directly related to HVAC systems.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Make deliveries to other facilities in and out of town by
truck, trailer, and/or car.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Completion of a formal HVSC trade school or recognized
- Three (3) years of HVAC experience in a industrial/commercial
- Must be able to obtain an approved EPA Refrigerant Recovery
- Must be a registered Air Conditioned & Refrigeration
Technician with the State of Texas
- Must be capable of troubleshooting malfunctioning HVAC
equipment by reviewing mechanical, electrical, and control drawings
and troubleshoot using various test equipment
- Must have a valid Texas driver’s license
- Must be computer literate
- Must be able to understand verbal and written
- Must be familiar with and work within industry safety
requirements for tools, equipment, and use of personal protective
- Must be able to push, pull, lift, and/or carry loads of fifty
(50) pounds for fifty (50) feet or more on a frequent
- Must be able to work from ladders, boom trucks, or man
- Must be able to stand, sit, kneel, squat, bend, stoop, twist,
walk, grasp/squeeze for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in hot, humid, wet, and/or cold conditions
- Able to work individually and/or in a team environment with
- Must be customer focused; continually improving on customer
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Experience working in an educational setting
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed course work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6712
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.