Full-Time Machine Shop/Millwright Instructor
Full-Time Machine Shop/Millwright Instructor
Posting Number: 0001000
PS Position#: 00000846
Position Status: Full-Time
Salary: Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.
Department: Industrial Studies
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
This position will teach our students the craft of installing, dismantling, repairing, and moving machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings. Additionally, this instructor will teach machining practices such as to set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments, including fabricating and modifying parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines. This instructor will prepare students for employment in construction, manufacturing, maintenance, and heavy industry.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Machine Shop/Millwright
- Maintain workplace safety standards in accordance with industry
- Keep labs stocked and clean.
- Help to develop and integrate online content for the
web-enhanced learning environment.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the
students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per
week and participate in professional development activities,
department and college committees, commencement, and other
activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Recruit for and promote the Machine Shop/Millwright
- Interface with industry representatives to facilitate
connecting students with career opportunities.
- Commitment to professional development, including regional or
- Openness to evolving needs, such as co-requisite teaching and
- Participate on campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Qualified candidates must have an Associate (or higher) degree
in Machining/Millwright and ten (10) years of experience in
Machining/Millwright in a heavy industrial setting OR the ability
to obtain an Associate’s degree in two (2) years with no class
overloads and ten (10) years of experience in Machining/Millwright
in a heavy industrial setting OR twenty (20) years of experience in
Machining/Millwright in a heavy industrial setting
- Must be able to perform precision equipment installations and
alignments, tear down, and rebuild various petrochemical
- Able to set up, operate, and maintain manual machine tools,
such as lathes, milling machines, and grinding equipment
- Must be able to safely use oxyfuel cutting equipment
- Must be able to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online-based
- Knowledge of the use of personal computers, including office productivity software
- Knowledge of operations and programming of computer numerically
controlled (CNC) machining equipment
- Experience with the use of Learning Management Systems, such as
Blackboard, Pearson NCCERconnect, etc
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Prior online teaching experience and online/distance education certification
Campus/Location: Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6710
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.