Research Analyst, Catto Scholarship
Community College of Philadelphia is dedicated to promoting a work environment that attracts and retains talented and diverse faculty and staff, and which challenges each of us to achieve at the highest level while contributing to the mission of the College. We value and support a culturally diverse and intellectually dynamic community to prepare our students for global citizenship. Join us as we transition from our first 50 years into the next and build upon a legacy that will impact the city of Philadelphia and beyond.Community College of Philadelphia is seeking to fill a Research Analyst, Catto Scholarship position. Reporting to the Director, Office of Institutional Research, and in close collaboration with the Executive and Associate Directors, Catto Scholarship, this position provides analysis of elements relevant to institutional effectiveness with an emphasis on supporting the Catto Scholarship. This position includes but is not limited to writing queries to extract raw data from campus data repositories and ERP system, joining data from diverse sources, manipulating and analyzing data, and supporting a wide variety of requests for information, particularly those associated with the Catto Scholarship. In collaboration with IR staff, this position includes the development and maintenance of interactive dashboards to share Institutional Research data throughout the Institution and in accordance with data sharing agreements
For a complete position description, and to apply online, please visit our career site at jobs.ccp.edu, or click the “Apply” button.
Community College of Philadelphia recognizes that our employees are important and vital to our success. We offer a high-quality, comprehensive program of benefits, which represents an important component of total compensation.
Our benefits include:
- Medical, dental and prescription drug plans for employee and all of their eligible family members
- College-paid life and disability insurance
- College closes for Winter Break the week between Christmas and New Years and for a week in March for Spring Break
- Tuition remission (for classes at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with 10% College contribution
- Healthcare and Dependent Care flexible spending accounts
- College operates on a 4-day work week during the summer months
- Paid vacation plus holiday and personal time off
Community College of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree required. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.
• At least two (2) years of relevant work experience in the development of business intelligence solutions and reporting is required.
• Previous experience using Ellucian Banner, or a similar enterprise-wide system is required.
• Strong working knowledge of relational database architecture, tables and data sets is required.
• Demonstrated proficiency utilizing multiple applications such as SharePoint, Essbase, dashboards, and website development tools is required.
• Previous work experience using applications such as Java Script, SQL, SPSS, Microsoft Office (Access, Excel and Word) for the collection, analysis and presentation of research findings is required.
• Ability to adapt to new tools, learn new software and refine workflows to work smart and efficiently.
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments is required.
• Ability to follow projects through to completion is required.
• Previous experience working with large data sets is required.
• Ability to analyze and convey complex quantitative/statistical concepts to non-technical audiences is required.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks under the pressure of tight deadlines is required.
• Ability to treat confidential data with discretion is required.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment inclusive of students, faculty and staff of varying social economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Previous experience in information processing, reporting and/or business application development within higher education is preferred.