Assistant Professor of Social Work
The Department of Social Work at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke invites applications for a tenure-track 9-month faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor.
The Department of Social Work has both BSW and MSW programs. Programs include advanced standing and 2-year regular program. The successful candidate may be required to teach one or more areas of the BSW and MSW social work curricula, and field practicum; provide academic advisement to students; develop curriculum, and teach face-to-face and online courses. In addition to instructional duties, he/she would be required to maintain an active scholarship, participate in service activities, and extramural funding activities.
Minimum Training and Experience Requirements: Master of Social Work degree from a CSWE accredited program is required. A doctorate/PhD in Social Work or closely related discipline is preferred. ABD students will be considered. Two years of post-MSW degree professional work experience is required. Some level of teaching college/university students is preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application should be submitted online through UNC-Pembroke Human Resource website. Application should include:
1. A cover letter indicating relevant professional work experience, college/university teaching experiences, teaching philosophy, and research interests.
2. A current CV with the names and contact information, including email address for at least 3 references.
3. Copies of unofficial academic transcripts of all colleges/university completed (please, scan copies and attach to online application; original transcripts will be required if a candidate is considered for the position).
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.
Search Committee Chair
Department of Social Work
University of North Carolina at Pembroke
1 University Drive, PO Box 1510
Pembroke, NC 28372
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable) and credit history check (if applicable).
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
New employees are paid only by direct deposit to the financial institution of their choice. Candidates claiming Veterans Preference must attach a copy of their DD-214 as a part of the online application process.
UNC Pembroke is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibits discrimination against all individuals based on their age, race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and national origin. UNC Pembroke is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pembroke
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pembroke
- Social Work & Human Services Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Pembroke