Support Analyst II
Support Analysts provide support to clients in their use of
technology, including software, hardware, audiovisual, and
networking issues. Function as a support resource and assist other
support staff, providing ongoing guidance to the clients and
support team. Troubleshoot and solve technical issues related to
the designated environment such as audiovisual technology
infrastructure, ranging from audio systems, video processing, AV
switching, control systems, computing, front-end projections and
displays. Document resources used, steps taken toward resolution,
solutions, and work to provide excellent service and
Note: These positions will provide support for a variety of technology-enabled spaces at Miami University. We are looking for candidates with computer support skills but specifically, audiovisual support skills.
Provide Tier II technical support to clients remotely or in the
field by troubleshooting and resolving requests.
• Troubleshoot Tier II issues including software, hardware, audiovisual, and networking issues.
• Emergency "on-call" rotation.
• Escalate complex problems and work with other Tier I, Tier II or Tier III staff to assure resolution.
• Document resources used, steps taken toward resolution, solutions, and work to provide excellent service and initiatives in the Knowledge Center Support Repository.
• Build positive relationships and serve as liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
• Provide and/or share technical knowledge with other support staff in the resolution of problems and requests.
• Evaluate new computer hardware, software and audiovisual equipment for use at the University.
• Actively promote a customer-oriented environment in which the client is treated professionally and courteously.
• Demonstrate strong customer service skills including the ability to, diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handle customer complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions.
• Participate in cross-functional projects.
• Identify symptoms and break problems into distinct and manageable parts; interpret root causes associated with a given problem; seek other resources/expertise to define solutions; assist in solving intra-team problems.
• Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences including end users and clients.
• Apply principles and processes of service levels to work; identify/highlight service problems.
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
• Appointment as Support Analyst II requires an Associates’
Degree earned by date of hire and 2+ years of relevant
• Or, 5 years relevant experience.
• This position is available to persons who are currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time and indefinite basis. (Persons authorized to work on such a basis include US citizens, lawful permanent residents (“green card” holders), asylees, refugees, and temporary residents under IRCA.) This position is not eligible for OPT, H1-B or green card support.
• Knowledge of Audio, Video, Video Conference and Control
• Knowledge of Installation and mounting of AV equipment such as projectors, Flat panel televisions, brackets, etc.
• Experience testing and troubleshooting cabling and audio visual equipment.
• General knowledge of construction & the AV industry.
• Knowledge & experience with Windows desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Windows 7, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge & experience with Macintosh desktop operating systems and desktop business software, such as Mac OS X 10.11.x (EI Capitan), Mac OS X 10.15 (Catalina) and Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Google products such as Google Doc, Google Mail, Google Drive
• Experience supporting networked printers.
• Knowledge of the operation of computer-based and integrated audiovisual learning environments
• Experience with wired and wireless networks, IP Addresses, and DHCP
• Familiar with managing Windows using Group Policy, Imaging and other tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating technical information in terms understandable to the end user.
• Excellent customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions
• Prefer Infocomm Audio Visual Technologist Certificate.