Assistant Professor/Visiting Instructor of Physics
POSITION SUMMARY: Applicant will be responsible for teaching the algebra-based Introductory Physics sequence PHYS109 and PHYS110 as well as three associated laboratory sections, and a year-long upper level course in Mechanics (PHYS331 and PHYS332). Year long employment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Introductory Physics: three one hour lectures each week, and three sections of 3 hour labs each week
- Upper level course in Mechanics, three one hour lectures each week
- Assessments of exams, quizzes, and lab reports and supervision of approximately 45+10 to a diverse student body
- Contribute to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at the College
- Some on-line instruction may be required
The deadline for applications is Jan 1, 2021. All positions are subject to budget availability.
- Ph. D. in Physics
- Experience in teaching Introductory Physics courses
- Experience in on-line teaching
Review of applications will begin January 2, 2021 and will continue until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should attach the following to their online application by clicking "Apply Now": (1) a letter of interest (2) a curriculum vitae; (3) a list of three professional references including name, current position, email address, and phone number. Please attach documents as a PDF file.
Deep respect for others is fundamental to the Moravian College community. Moravian College does not discriminate against any person based on actual or perceived race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, genetic information, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, familial status, marital status, age, veteran status, disability, use of guide or support animals and/or mechanical aids, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. In compliance with the requirements of Title IX, Moravian College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational program and activity, including employment.
Concerns regarding all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment and/or sex discrimination in employment:
Leah M. Naso
Title IX Coordinator/Compliance Officer
210 Colonial Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding gender and equity in athletics:
Associate Athletic Director (Deputy Title IX Coordinator)
109 Johnston Hall
1200 Main St.
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania 18018
Concerns regarding the application of Title IX:
U.S. Department of Education
Office of Civil Rights
100 Penn Square East, Suite 515
Philadelphia, PA 19107-3323
Report sexual harassment/sex discrimination online anytime (can be anonymous) at www.moravian.edu/titleix. Grievance procedures can be found in the institutional Equal Opportunity, Harassment, and Non-Discrimination Policy at www.moravian.edu/policy.
Please visit moravian.edu/benefits to review
benefits offered at Moravian College.*
- Occasionally required to remain seated in a normal position for long periods of time
- Regularly required to walk about
- Regularly required to maintain balance while walking, standing, crouching, or running
- Routinely required to reach up and out with hands and arms
- Regularly required to talk and hear; verbally express information or instructions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp objects, type, pick up objects, move objects, or hold objects
- Routinely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl
- Regularly required to climb stairs and/or ladders
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry a distance of 10 feet
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull up to 25 pounds a distance of 10 feet
- Routinely required to stand for long periods of time
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Depth perception and the ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Adjustable focus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. The individual is routinely exposed to indoor conditions, minimum outdoor weather and temperature extremes, and moderate noise level.
Pursuant to the ADA, Moravian College will provide reasonable accommodation(s) to all qualified employees with known disabilities when their disability affects the performance of their essential job functions, except when doing so would be unduly disruptive or would result in undue hardship to the College. If you anticipate needing an accommodation, please contact the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-861-1527.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job.
*Please visit this link to review the benefit eligibility status associated with this position.
Moravian College is the nation's sixth-oldest college
located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania offering undergraduate and
graduate degrees that blend liberal arts with professional
programs. For more than 275 years, the Moravian College degree has
been preparing students for reflective lives, fulfilling careers,
and transformative leadership in a world of change. Moravian
College is a member of The New American Colleges and Universities
(NAC&U), a national consortium of selective, small to mid-size
independent colleges and universities dedicated to the purposeful
integration of liberal education, professional studies, and civic
engagement. Visit moravian.edu to learn more about how the Moravian
College focus on education for all prepares its students for
Moravian College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our community, recognizing that to provide a diverse learning environment is to prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The College community understands that it shares a responsibility for generating and preserving a learning environment where difference is valued, and inclusiveness and social justice are practiced.
Moravian College is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and encouraging individuals from under-represented populations to apply. EOE
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem
- Physics & Space Sciences Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bethlehem