Regional Coordinator Veteran Services
Miami University – Hamilton Campus is searching for a Regional Coordinator of Veteran Services enrollment and retention services to meet the needs of veteran and military affiliated students. Collaborate with Enrollment Management and Student Success Offices to ensure appropriate communication and follow-up for veteran and military affiliated students.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Coordinate appropriate outreach to veteran and military affiliated students from the point of enrollment through retention. Maintain relationships with Oxford and Regionals One Stop and Miami University's Official Certifying Official. Aide Miami University Certifying Official in Veteran and Military affiliated student certifications.
- Administer the Hamilton and Middletown Veterans Centers, their operations, and fiscal management. Collaborate with Oxford to appropriately work with VA student vet reps.
- Create and maintain efficiencies to inform Regionals students of benefits and appropriate steps to obtain benefits. Provide ongoing communication and support to current veteran and military affiliated students.
- Analyze federal and state regulations affecting veteran and military-affiliated students.
Required: Bachelor's degree. Position not eligible for H1B sponsorship.
Consideration may be given to candidates who is a Veteran or has an active military status; experience working with military personnel or veterans; familiarity of the GI Bill and benefit programs for the military; strong written and communication skills; experience with federal or state compliance policies and procedures; experience in admission and financial aid offices; professional experience in higher education.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497079?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Kelli Bray (no application materials) at email@example.com. Screening of applications will begin November 4, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Extension Services Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fairfield