Cincinnati Public Schools Fairview-Clifton German Language School Resource Coordinator
The Education Health and Society College is searching for a Resource Coordinator for Fairview-Clifton German Language School to support the district-wide community learning center initiative of creating schools as centers of community. The Resource Coordinator will initiate, facilitate, and maintain programs and strategies that are aligned with the school’s One Plan, as well as youth and community development goals; Develops, promotes and furthers the wisest use of community resources to create optimal positive impact by enhancing community and individual assets, meeting critical human service needs, and promoting long-term community solutions; Actively participates in the College of Education, Health, and Society’s Institute of Community Justice and Wellbeing (ICJW) and leverages campus wide and community partnerships to enhance the programming and supports within their designated school.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Participate as key leader in the school needs assessment process to identify gaps in service for students, family and community members. Work with LSDMC to establish goals for Community Learning Center.
- Engage community in partnerships that meet critical needs and support student achievement. Promote long-term solutions. Integrate and align resources to Community Learning Center goals.
- Maintain and update agreements for all partners and programs, (using CLC partnership agreement) and include outcome measurements against CLC goals. Collaborate with the LSDMC on monitoring effectiveness of partnerships in measurement or progress against CLC goals.
- Coordinate all community resources serving school, including tutoring, primary health, mental health, arts, recreation, afterschool, and any other resources identified as partners in the CLC per the community engagement process (needs assessment) and district-wide initiatives.
- Facilitate communication and relationship-building with community building partners, key stakeholders, and volunteers including participation in community groups and/or committees.
- Track partner and resource activity in the CLC using Learning Partner Dashboard.
- Prepare monthly reports for submission to school, district and agency leadership regarding resource activity and progress. Maintain up-to-date records for all programs.
- Lead partnership meetings to ensure ongoing synergistic, coordinated and integrated programming working seamlessly with the school staff
- Serve as key information contact for non-school day schedule; communicate and coordinate full slate of activities; act as key community contact person for school & their assigned school staff.
- Provide supervision and coordination of programming during and beyond the school day for students, families and the community during extended daily hours and year long.
- Participate in ICJW meetings and initiatives.
- Engage campus partners to serve as resources for programming or training at the school.
Required: This position requires excellent networking, training, communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability in grassroots community outreach and organizing, leadership training, and youth development is desired. An Associate Degree is required with at least two years of experience in school or community-based supports. Demonstrated record of organization/planning, team building, and exceptional verbal and written communication skills necessary.
Considerations may be given to candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Education, Family Science, Psychology, or related field. Training or experience in school-based supports, family and community engagement, knowledge of Cincinnati-based social service programs. Understanding and knowledge of public schools is helpful. Experience in coordinating comprehensive program activities in a school or institutional setting.
Submit cover letter and resume to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/497082?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries can be addressed to Tammy Schwartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin November 9, 2020, and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Extension Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford