Lecturer in Software Engineering at Rochester Institute of Technology
Detailed Job Description
The Department of Software Engineering at RIT invites
applications for a Lecturer position beginning January 2021. The
successful candidate will be able to teach a range of courses
covering basic and advanced topics in software engineering. This
may include: introduction to software engineering; design
principles and patterns; design of secure software, enterprise
software, concurrent and distributed software, or real-time and
embedded systems; requirements and architecture; project and
process management; and web engineering.
We are seeking an individual who has the ability and interest in contributing to a community committed to student centeredness; professional development and scholarship; integrity and ethics; respect, diversity and pluralism; innovation and flexibility; and teamwork and collaboration. Select to view links to RIT’s core values, honor code, and diversity commitment.
The College: Golisano College of Computing
and Information Sciences at RIT is one of the most comprehensive
computing colleges in the nation. The college is housed in modern
facilities in Rochester, NY, that include leading programs in
computer science, game design and cybersecurity. As home to the
country’s first undergraduate programs in software engineering and
information technology, as well as the recently opened Global
Cybersecurity Institute, Golisano College has long been a leader in
computing education and research. Faculty, staff and students have
access to specialized studios, labs, and equipment that are among
the most complete and current of any university in the world.
Moreover, Golisano College graduates go on to work at the world’s
leading tech firms and have developed groundbreaking technology
like the Kinect for Xbox 360 and game-changing innovations like
jQuery. The college is home to the departments of Computer Science,
Computing Security, and Software Engineering, as well as the School
of Information, the School of Interactive Games & Media, and a
college-wide PhD program, providing abundant opportunities for
research and teaching collaboration within and beyond the
The Department: The Department of Software Engineering offers the Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Software Engineering with current undergraduate enrollment of 550 and graduate enrollment of 50 students. The department also offers a Master of Science degree in Data Science. The undergraduate Software Engineering program has been accredited by ABET since 2001, most recently renewed in 2016.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Completion of M.S. or equivalent in a computing discipline, or project management with a computing related minor, or another engineering discipline with industry experience in software engineering.
- Academic specialization or Industry software development experience
- Ability to teach courses across the software engineering curriculum
- Ability to contribute to curriculum and course development in software engineering
- Strong commitment to undergraduate software engineering education
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to contribute in meaningful ways to the college’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences.
Required Minimum Education Level
Required Application Documents
Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae or Resume, List of References, Statement of Teaching Philosophy
How To Apply
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu/faculty Keyword
Please apply online and submit your application, curriculum vitae/resume, cover letter addressing the listed qualifications, and upload the following attachments:
- A one-page teaching statement including the courses from our curriculum you are able to teach,
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers for three references.
You can contact the search committee with questions on the position by contacting Scott Hawker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until acceptable candidates are found.
The hiring process for this position may require a criminal background check and/or motor vehicle records check. Any verbal or written offer made is contingent on satisfactory results, as determined by Human Resources. RIT does not discriminate. RIT is an equal opportunity employer that promotes and values diversity, pluralism, and inclusion. For more information or inquiries, please visit RIT/TitleIX or the U.S. Department of Education at ED.Gov
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Computer Sciences & Technology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Engineering Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Rochester
- Other Science & Technology Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Rochester