Assistant Professor, ITE, Networking Systems Technology
The Information Technology Education (ITE) department prepares students for careers within network administration, computer support, computer programming and other technical occupations in the information technology field. The department currently offers eight certificate programs, four Associate of Science degrees and one Bachelor of Applied Science degree. ITE at Santa Fe College is seeking an Assistant Professor of Network Systems Technology to promote and encourage student success in computer sciences through quality instruction and real-world learning experiences, beginning Fall 2021.
This individual will develop, prepare and teach a variety of networking concepts, and teaching assignments may include computer repair, Windows Server, Linux and Cisco Networking Academy courses, as well as other subject areas. Teaching upper-division courses in the Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) in Information Systems Technology may also be required. The position is currently assigned to SF’s Northwest Campus but will likely be shifted to the Blount Campus in downtown Gainesville beginning in 2022. Course offerings within ITE may be taught face-to-face, online, or in other hybrid formats. Santa Fe’s full-time ITE faculty have a nine (9) month contract requiring a teaching load of 15 credit hours in the fall and 15 credit hours in the spring; summer teaching opportunities may be available for additional compensation based upon departmental need.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Plan, organize, and deliver networking instruction in laboratory and/or classroom settings to promote student success within a community college setting.
- Earning and maintaining recognized industry certifications, including CompTIA certification in A+, Network+, Security+, and Linux+, as well as CCNA Routing and Switching.
- Collaborate with colleagues to evaluate, develop, and revise curricula, as well as pedagogical methods enhancing student mastery of course content.
- Support the mission of the department and college to promote student learning through quality instruction, curriculum enhancement, faculty scholarship, professional development, and service.
- Assist with the implementation of college policies, procedures, and practices in accordance with the Santa Fe philosophy, values, and mission.
- Appropriately document student progress and maintain records including attendance and student learning outcomes.
- Strictly honor student confidentiality and privacy as per appropriate laws, regulations and college rules.
- Participate in departmental meetings, committee work, and complete staff assignments as requested.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule at multiple sites.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Vice President, Career and Technical Education
Required: A Master’s degree in any of the following qualifying fields: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Decision & Information Technology, Educational Technology, Information Technology, Information Systems, Information Security or Information Assurance. Extensive working knowledge of networking is also required. (For detailed information regarding credentialing requirements for ITE, see page 39-43 of the Faculty Credentialing Manual.)
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: A doctorate in any one of the qualifying fields with an appropriate focus on networking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Multi-Cultural- able to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures, collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts, identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online SF Employment Application, an up-to-date resume, letter of intent, a teaching philosophy, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. The letter of intent must describe your interest in working as the Assistant Professor, ITE (Network Systems Technology) at Santa Fe College and explains the skills, strengths and experience you can bring to this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Instructional Technology & Design Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Vocational & Technical Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Gainesville