Postdoctoral position will require the necessary skills to complete work on the Aims of the NIH funded grant R01 EY028970. Position will require using the mouse as a model organism to study eye development and function and will involve molecular biology, mouse genetics and husbandry, and immunohistochemistry. In addition, detailed experience with next generation RNA-sequencing technology and analysis is required.
Position will dissect the domains of the Spata7 protein to determine the minimal fragment that is both necessary and sufficient for localization of the protein to the connecting cilium in the mouse eye. Will assist in routine lab maintenance
- Plans, directs and conducts specialized and advanced research experiments.
- Evaluates and analyzes data.
- May establish new research protocols and procedures.
- Summarizes research findings and publish results in research journals.
- May be responsible for laboratory operations.
- May supervise research staff.
- Education Required: MD or Ph.D in Basic Science, Health Science, or a related field.
- Experience Required: None Required.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston