Neurological Research Institute (NRI) at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a System Administrator. Primary responsibilities include the development and maintenance of applications needed for data and computing servers. The successful candidate will be expected to work closely with bioinformatics analysts and researchers.
- Perform preventative maintenances routines to ensure system availability and performance standards on Ubuntu servers
- Recommend tuning for infrastructure, applications and server computing infrastructure
- Assist with the project management of the implementation of UNIX based systems
- Work with members of the server and storage team to ensure that storage, backup and recovery procedures and processes are functioning properly
- Automate routine administrative tasks through the use of utility script development, and application scripting technologies
- Identify and evaluate future technologies for enterprise and departmental solutions
- Enhance and streamline computational research
- Research and resolve end user problems, inquiries and requests in a timely and friendly fashion
- Collaborate with the PI, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students to define software and analysis requirements and implement desired specifications
- Execute analysis using existing software tools
- Design and code new systems and/or modifications as needed
- Track project data and report analysis results
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- One year of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with UNIX-like environment and profound knowledge on server administration
- Minimum one year of experience of full-stack development
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston