Quality Reporting Analyst
Clinical Quality Reporting is relatively new to the Baylor Medicine and Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group. We anticipate this position will be able to develop a data structure outside of Epic and eClinical-Works for more flexibility in reporting and meeting the fiscal year requirements. We are currently bound by the Epic structure of CY reporting and unable to accommodate FY reporting of clinical quality measures. With a qualified SQL developer, we hope to accommodate the reporting needs for both medical groups from three disparate electronic medical record platforms. This role has the direct responsibility for SQL coding and the development of specified quality metrics for Baylor Medicine and Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group. The analyst is responsible for the development, creation and deployment of monthly reporting packages of quality metrics by specialty for Baylor Medicine & Baylor St. Luke's Medical Group departments and providers. Knowledge of interpreting and implementing quality metric specifications is key to producing clinical quality metric reports.
- Analyzes current reporting challenges and make recommendations as to the enhancement and efficiency of report deliverables.
- Develops, implements and maintains front-end presentation (scorecards) automated report solutions and other BI solutions to support tactical and strategic reporting needs of the clinical mission.
- Establishes reporting standards to include metric and data definitions as well as data sources to ensure uniformity across the clinical mission.
- Collaborates with internal customers to capture requirements, design, create, document, manage and fulfill requests for on-going and/or ad-hoc reports, dashboards, and scorecards.
- Liaises with public health agencies, including CMS, the Center for Diseases Control (CDC), Texas Department of Health and Human Services, and Texas Immunization Registry to support the practice’s quality reporting requirements.
- Uses industry standard tools to track and trend quality metric adherence including but not limited to at-risk contracts, government programs and internal metrics.
- Develops complex database queries, report and presentations for use of BCM, FGP, and BSLMG physician and administrative leadership.
- Uses various data sources to analyze and benchmark quality metrics against national standards.
- Develops and generates reports, visualizations and presentations.
- Establishes procedures and schedules for producing data needed on an ongoing basis.
- Designs and articulates reporting specifications for production.
- Develops and maintain expert knowledge of measures and indicator specific inclusion and exclusion criteria for assigned measure sets.
- Abstracts electronic metrics for analysis.
- Maintains required supporting documentation for data submissions, including but not limited to patient-level detail by quality metric, EHR License, Security Risk Assessment and correspondence.
- Participates in activities related to CMS audits.
- Assists in problem solving and formulation of performance improvement strategies related to compliance with measure specifications.
- Submits quality and EHR compliance measures.
- Able to address and defend questions on deliverables.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Analytics or related field.
- Three years of relevant experience.
- 3 plus years of experience in Healthcare related informatics, performance measurement, or analysis with strong relational database SQL skills.
- 2 plus years of experience in designing and developing performance measurement data marts and automated reporting systems.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.