Associate Vice President, Office for Advancement
The Office for Advancement is seeking an Associate Vice President for Advancement. This position fully supports the overall responsibility of the Office for Advancement and is directly charged with the responsibility of identifying and securing external funds and managing the operations and assets of the Santa Fe College Foundation. The Associate Vice President is also responsible for providing administrative and managerial oversight to ensure the highest levels of performance in public/private fundraising and community relations within Cultural Programs and the operation of the Sponsored Projects Department to increase funding opportunities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Secures private funding through the operations of the Santa Fe College Foundation, a direct support organization of Santa Fe College, including effective management of all Foundation activities related to private fund raising.
- Serves as the Deputy Executive Director and Assistant Treasurer of the SF Foundation, a not-for-profit direct support organization whose assets exceed $58,000,000; and assists the Vice President for Advancement in providing leadership to the 22-member volunteer Board of Directors in conducting the daily business of the Foundation. Provides stewardship and effective management of all SF Foundation assets; supervises the administration and maintenance of the various facilities owned by the Foundation for the benefit of the college.
- Provides administrative and managerial oversight to the Cultural Programs office as part of the Office for Advancement, specifically supporting the Cultural Programs coordinator in building coordination, community relations, development, fund-raising and grant writing.
- Provides administrative oversight to the Sponsored Projects Department as part of the Office for Advancement, specifically by supporting the Sponsored Projects director in obtaining their objectives: 1) partnering with external consultants to maximize federal funding opportunities; 2) building relationships with people and entities in the internal or external community who have an interest or exert influence on the success of the college; 3) collaborating with Academic Affairs to create internal partners for local, state and federal funding opportunities; and 4) partnering with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to assist with grant development in maximizing funding opportunities.
Reports to: Vice President, Office for Advancement
Required: A Bachelor’s degree with at least four (4) years of related work experience in fund raising, accounting or business management fields. Demonstrated supervisory experience with a focus on quality customer service and proven team leadership skills.
Preferred: A Master’s degree.
Additional Requirements: A criminal background check will be conducted.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures, collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts, identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. College transcripts are required for any college coursework. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
More searches like this
- Administrative Executive $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Executive $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Development & Advancement Executive $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Executive Executive $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Gainesville
- Other Executive Executive $90,000 - $119,999 Full Time jobs in Gainesville