Financial Research Administrator
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Grants and Contracts Associate Position's Functional Title Financial Research Administrator Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire a Financial Research Administrator to oversees the financial administration of grants and contracts from budget setup through award closeout and ensures compliance with all Federal, State, University and sponsor policies, procedures and rules. This position works closely with the Provost Office and Financial Services, as well as other financial and administrative units across the campus and throughout the University to provide efficient and effective grant administration support services to the GSU community. This position reports directly to the Director of Sponsored Programs and Research.
10% Facilitate the set-up of new accounts with Principal Investigator (PI).
20% Approve all reimbursement requests, P card purchases, procurements, personnel forms for new hires, and purchase orders related to sponsored projects checking for availability of funds, reviewing allowability under contract terms and conditions, and screening for correct capital equipment classifications. Communicate with Principal Investigators (PIs) if alternative funding is required.
10% Work closely with Sponsored Programs Specialist and Assistant controller to ensure appropriate budget expenditures. Review budgets including the appropriateness of salary amounts, fringe benefits, and indirect cost rates, and ensure that actual expenditures are charged properly and in accordance with approved budget.
10% Prepare and submit interim and final financial reports for sponsors, including cost share reports. Preparation of sponsor financial reports includes analysis of project budgets; expenditures; encumbrances and receivables. Perform grant and contract close out function including revenue/expense analysis.
5%Bill for government, public sector, and private sector grants and contracts, and monitor related collections.
10% Process all grant-related journal entry transactions such as cost transfers; cross campus payments; tuition reimbursement; internal project funding; among others, in coordination with the Assistant Controller.
5% Verify new award/contract information including funding source and billing information requirements.
20% Review and monitor individual grants and related transactions for compliance with private, local, state and federal requirements; Resolve complex accounting issues including project over runs, and accelerated spending and grant expiration dates.
5% Provide technical support for interpretation of regulations and reporting requirement.
5% Compile year-end reports, work papers and analysis for auditors.
Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by:
• Building effective partnerships with co-workers throughout the University by freely sharing appropriate information and aiding when needed;
• Ensuring optimum service to all internal and external partners in response to all requests for service and information;
• Maintaining an environment that is welcoming to persons of all backgrounds, nationalities and roles;
• Available for special projects as requested by Director;
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience, with financial transactions (e.g. budgets, purchasing, accounts payable, travel, payroll and accounting);
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Grant Uniform Guidance;
• Strong interpersonal skills (listening skills, problem solving, confidence etc.), ability to multi-task with emphasis on customer service;
• Reporting functions completed accurately and timely, and in accordance with established policies and federal and state regulations;
• Effective working relations with OSPR, Financial Services, and other personnel. New accounts are set up and managed appropriately and PIs are well informed;
• The department’s professional reputation is maintained.
Salary Range: $66,520.35 to $76,498.40.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
• Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, accounting, finance, economics or a field related to the position.
• Three (3) to five (5) years of directly related experience in sponsored research accounting in a university, research foundation, or industry setting.
• Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with computerized accounting systems.
For more details on this classification visit: www.sucss.illinois.gov
• Excellent written communication.
• Certified Public Accountant ( CPA ).
• Five (5) years of progressive work experience in higher education or possess a strong enthusiasm to learn about higher education (University, Community College or State Agency associated with higher education preferred).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel with advanced skills including extensive work with large data sets and the ability to create Microsoft Excel reports that are dynamic, intuitive, and easily interpretable for a range of user types.
• Experienced knowledge of Colleague university accounting and data system.
• Aptitude for databases, data retrieval, analysis and reporting with experience extracting and standardizing inconsistent data from disparate data sources and identify potential cause-effect
• Effective project management, time management, and positive interpersonal skills. Ability to work collaboratively, build effective working relationships, work effectively with University leadership and faculty.
Posting Date 10/26/2020 Closing Date 11/16/2020 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0476P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5595 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
- Certification/Professional License
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest