Assistant Professor (Computer Science)
The Department of Computer Science in the College of Science and Mathematics seeks applicants for a tenure-track faculty position beginning August 1, 2021. All areas of specialization will be considered for this position. The selected candidate will be responsible for teaching courses in computer science, maintaining scholarly productivity, and participating in service at the department, college, and university levels.
Founded in 1906 Valdosta State University (VSU) is a comprehensive university within the University System of Georgia and is proud to have a highly diverse student body, and we are seeking to recruit and retain outstanding candidates who exhibit a clear commitment to diversity and inclusion and who will enhance the diversity of our faculty and staff. VSU enrollment is approximately 12,300 and is located in the city of Valdosta, GA just north of the Florida state line on Interstate 75. It is served by a regional airport, and is within a two-hour drive of Jacksonville and Tallahassee, Florida. For more information visit http://www.valdosta.edu and for more information about the community visit http://www.valdostachamber.com.
The department is comprised of 9 full-time faculty serving over 300 CS/CIS majors. The department offers a Bachelor of Science degrees in Computer Science (CS) and Computer Information Systems (CIS). The Computer Science program is accredited by the ABET - Computing Accreditation Commission. For more information on the department visit https://www.valdosta.edu/cs/.
Responsibilities for this position include teaching introductory as well as advanced level computer science classes. There is an opportunity to develop upper-level elective classes in the candidate’s area of expertise as well.
- PhD in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a closely related field by appointment date;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching and learning, as well as scholarship;
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- A record of effective teaching appropriate to the applicant’s career stage;
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting;
- A record of mentoring students of diverse backgrounds.
Online application is required and should be submitted by December 3, 2020. For more information on the position contact Dr. Roy, Professor and Department Head, via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
VSU is an Equal Opportunity educational institution and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people, including, but not limited to minorities and individuals with disabilities. VSU has a nondiscrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, and veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Valdosta