Accounting Technician II
The Department of Civil, Environmental, and Architectural Engineering (CEAE) encourages applications for an Accounting Technician ! As our Accounting Technician, you will provide support for all accounting and financial duties within the department. Additionally, you will coordinate and assist with all department graduate/undergraduate appointments and bi-weekly payroll, faculty summer salary, and financial record keeping.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The civil, environmental, and architectural engineering fields offer careers in planning, design, construction and management as well as in the interaction between the built environment and the natural environment. CEAE's mission is the education of undergraduate and graduate students to become leaders in the professional practice of engineering, contributing to technological advances that benefit humankind while improving the earth’s physical and biological resources.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Generates and manages various speedtype summary reports and updates, and distribute monthly reports.
- Coordinates all aspects of sponsored project closeout procedures and reconciliation processes.
- Prepares budget, cash, and cost transfer journal entries, and assists in budget scenario estimates.
- Process shipping and receiving paperwork, changes in personal hours, and large purchases.
Service Agreements, Cash Management, and Property Management
- Reconciles and monitors Service Agreements based on contract terms and conditions.
- Performs inventory and processes disposal requests for both capital and non-capital equipment.
- Manages cash receipts and deposits.
- Supports the creation, review and maintenance of department finance policy and procedures.
- Participates in professional development activities.
Payroll, Graduate Appointments, and Hiring
- Enters human resources and payroll data for the Department’s faculty, staff, part-time instructional staff, and research faculty.
- Assists with entering payroll for Student and Research Assistants. Works with campus HR to ensure job records are activated, modified, or terminated.
Procurement and Purchasing
- Builds Purchase Orders, places orders for supplies/services, reviews and approves purchases and invoices, and coordinates with the procurement service center.
- Monitor and update purchase orders, as well as process travel and procurement cards, and reimbursement transactions.
What We Can Offer
Anticipated starting salary is $40,000 commensurate with skills and experience.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Brilliant. Be Balanced. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Current Colorado residency required.
What You Will Need
- Proven effectiveness in written and oral communications, collaboration, and problem solving. Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and databases. Proven ability to understand and apply internal control principles as well as learn new business systems including administrative, budgetary, and fiscal practices.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive independently as well as on a team.
- Dedicated ability to learn and respond quickly to situations while providing excellent customer service.
- Sensitivity to, and appreciation of, cultural, political, and geographical differences with the ability to work well with students, faculty, and staff from around the world.
- Familiarity with payroll and human resources processes.
What We Would Like You To Have
Two years' experience in accounting, finance, and/or business administration in a sophisticated environment.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran’s preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to email@example.com or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
- If using the educational substitution for experience: proof of degree or transcripts.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by November 1, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs .
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder