Project EXCEL Instructional Tutor - Graphic Design
Purpose: To provide academic support in the area of graphic design and related topics for students participating in Project EXCEL. This is a part-time position working 8 to 10 hours per week during the fall and spring semester. Duties:
- Maintain a professional, orderly and relaxed environment for student learning;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Participate in departmental meetings;
- Prepare instructional sessions for the course(s) in keeping with students’ needs;
- Maintain student attendance records, individual reports of student/tutor contacts and contribute observations and strategies appropriate to each student’s profile;
- Submit a weekly Attendance Log;
- Maintain records of course syllabi;
- Monitor the maintenance of students’ time management planners;
- Maintain lines of communication with the EXCEL Coordinator to review student progress and to address any program concerns;
- Contact students that have requested extra time, as sessions become available and work in conjunction with the coordinator in scheduling;
- *Fulfill other duties as they arise in support of program and students.
- Be comfortable meeting with students in a remote environment using the Zoom platform.
Primary Contacts: Students, Director of Project EXCEL, Coordinator of Project EXCEL, and other professional tutors working in EXCEL.
Supervision Exercised: NA
Supervision Received: On-going contact with the director and coordinator of Project EXCEL.
Education: Bachelor degree minimum
Experience: Related work experience to the content and skills areas tutored; experience in the field of education/training an asset
A demonstrated ability and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Skills and Attributes
- Exhibit a “student/customer first” orientation in providing exceptional service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating versatility in handling people and situations;
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities, responsibilities, and students’ and faculty needs and expectations; anticipate and identify students’ needs
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate with others to achieve common program and College goals;
- Willingly assist in various responsibilities as appropriate within Project EXCEL as required during high service demand times.
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful rapport and working relationship with students and members of Project EXCEL;
- Maintain an appropriate level of professionalism;
Accuracy: Maintain a high level of responsibility and attention to the quality of the task at hand
- Demonstrate an ability to respond with initiative and creativity in problem-solving
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands: Standing or sitting in one position for long periods; computer data input; flexibility in the use of time; high-level customer contact; strict confidentiality, face to face or remote working environment.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references on our website.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's Non-Discrimination Policy.
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Cincinnati