ASSOCIATE DEAN, SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Dean of the NJCU School of Business, the Associate Dean is responsible for coordinating activities related to accreditation, assessment, program development, faculty governance, curriculum, enrollment management and management of the financial, operational and administrative affairs of the NJCU School of Business and its auxiliary enterprises. By serving in the role of Chief Operating Officer of the college, the Associate Dean enables the Dean and other senior university leaders to focus on areas of strategic importance by sustaining the academic and administrative support systems of the NJCU School of Business.
- Participates in the development and implementation of efficient academic, administrative, operational and financial procedures that that advance the mission of the NJCU School of Business.
- Maintains compliance with the accreditation criteria of the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- Provides leadership in the evaluation of reappointment and promotion of faculty.
- Provides leadership in the development of programs and services that support student success initiatives.
- Provides oversight of curriculum planning and management, including enrollment management, program reviews, academic catalog revisions, and management of the planning, preparation, and modification of the fall, spring, summer, and winter intersession timetable/schedule of classes.
- Assists the Dean in the preparation, justification, and allocation of departmental budgets, purchases, and funds for travel and professional development.
- Supervises and coordinates student advising activities, and serves as the Dean's designee for handling student complaints and academic grievances.
- Identifies equipment and resources needed to support classroom and lab activities.
- Assists the Dean in determining the need for full-time faculty and staff positions
- Assists with the appointment, supervision, and evaluation of department chairs within the School of Business
- Works closely with the chairs to encourage the development of new instructional strategies, programs and articulation agreements and coordinates the process to implement or revise curricula
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated experience with curricular planning and development at the department or university level. A commitment to excellence in programs and services that promote student achievement and success. Academic leaders from non-business disciplines will be considered.
- Substantial professional experience in a business discipline.
- A record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Demonstrated leadership experience, with excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and collaborative skills
- A record of publication and research that would enable appointment as an Associate or full Professor
- Experience managing assessment activities and accreditation requirements
- Experience with either initial accreditation or a continuous improvement review by the AACSB
- Experience developing programs/centers related to international programs.
EDUCATION: Earned doctorate in Business, or closely related field.
New Jersey City University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants.
Cut-Off Date for Filing Applications: The search will continue until the position is filled.