Digital Media Design, Adjunct
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty members are expected to be excellent teachers, to be responsive to changing professional needs; to be committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; to be committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and to provide service to the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at undergraduate and/or graduate level(s), as applicable. Candidates should be comfortable with and prepared to teach subjects such as visual communication, the fundamentals of design practice with vector and pixel-based design, as well as at least one topic among video production, web design or motion graphics. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor. Adjunct instructors are expected to provide a learning environment that supports student success, implement effective learning strategies, deliver high quality instruction, assess student learning, and collaborate closely with resident faculty. In addition, adjunct faculty will work closely and collaboratively with the course coordinator and other design faculty.
Essential Job Duties :
The ability to provide instruction according to curricular needs associated within B.A. Degree in Digital Media Design.
All employees are expected to:
- Be able to teach across design disciplines at lower level and upper level. Must be fluent in teaching areas such as Web Design, Video production/editing and/or interactive design, UI/UX design, motion graphics.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative suite and industry standard design software.
- Use CANVAS to convey course information to students, including documentation of student success.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent with 18 graduate credit hours in field of instruction.
Master’s degree or higher in field of instruction (design) from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
One full year teaching experience at the university level or relevant professional experience in design.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Be able to provide quality instruction within a design curriculum.
- Be able to teach software tools from lower level to upper level undergraduate students
- Be knowledgeable of production in areas such as interaction, video, animation/motion graphics
- Be able to apply design proficiencies towards instruction of undergraduate students
- Have the ability to be flexible in approach to teaching
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Art Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Design & Graphic Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers