Peer Support Specialist
Job Code/Title 81711 - H - Case Manager HS 1 Position Number HU1150 Working Title Peer Support Specialist Department Surgery Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $15-$18/hour Campus MCV Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 20+/- Normal work days Varies Normal work hours Varies Job Category Medical/Clinical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? Yes Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? Yes Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position Yes- A pre-employment fingerprint background check will be required. Resource Critical No Description of the Job
To provide intensive case management services for a multi-disciplinary, hospital-based violence intervention program, dedicated to reducing re-injury and mortality rates among youth and adults by providing intentionally injured patients with support during their hospital stay and beyond.
Description of General Responsibilities:
• Under the director of the Bridging the Gap Program Manager, will provide hospital and community based services to patients within the VCU Health System who have experienced intentional violent injury through assessment, crisis intervention and counseling.
• Will work with VCU Health staff to identify youth and adults admitted for violent injury and to engage youth, adults, and their families in a positive development program.
• Will work with hospital and community providers to participate in connecting patients to appropriate services.
• Will offer emotional support to patients who have experienced similar traumas.
• Will assist patients in identifying copying skills and practical tips on moving forward.
• Will serve as a positive role model to intentionally injured patients.
• Will provide accompaniment for victims of violent crime within the hospital, criminal justice system and other systems as needed.
• Will provide on-going case management and follow-up services post discharge for up to one year.
• Will perform other duties as needed.
• Ability to understand and work with those at-risk for violence and their families
• Ability to work collaboratively with families and community agencies
• Knowledge of community resources, human development, and trauma informed practices
• Ability to work collaboratively with the multidisciplinary hospital program team, individuals and families experiencing community violence, and community providers
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Must agree to CPS and criminal background check
• Dependable transportation required
• Is a survivor of an intentional injury
Job Open Date 10/23/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/101348 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Pediatrics Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond