Director of Admissions, Office of Enrollment
The Office of Enrollment invites applications for a Director of Admissions to join their team. Reporting to the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, the Director of Admissions oversees the Office of Admissions by leading the development and implementation of a strategic admissions plan designed to achieve an incoming class that is optimal in number, strong in academic ability and diverse in age, racial, cultural and geographic background.
The strategic admissions strategy will encompass innovative, data informed recruitment strategies and initiatives that meld comprehensive market analysis; sophisticated, multi-channel communication strategies to multiple markets; lead generation; yield activities; targeted marketing strategies; high quality events and campus visit programs; high school, transfer, international, and non-traditional student recruitment; and efficient and responsive evaluations. The plan will ultimately align recruitment and marketing strategies with the University’s strategic plan, strategic enrollment plan, mission, vision and goals. The university's admissions efforts must demonstrate commitment to equity and diversity.
The essential duties assigned to the person in this position include ensuring the implementation, evaluation and effectiveness through established recruitment and enrollment goals, consistent data analysis, active management of operations and personnel, and continuous analysis of needs, effectiveness and efficiencies. This position is responsible for initiating the development of admissions policy and making recommendations to the appropriate campus entities. Critical to the overall success is maximizing the use of technology in all operational and strategic aspects of admissions, including the CRM. The individual assigned to this position will also be responsible for setting and monitoring the Admissions budget.
Successful collaboration with various university constituencies including administration, faculty, students, and external organizations and institutions is essential. This includes collaborating on initiatives and providing training/support in areas related to admissions, marketing, and recruitment. Close collaboration with the financial aid department, marketing, IT is especially important. The individual assigned to this position manages and directs the entire Admissions Department, and is the chief decision maker in regard to employee relationship manners and performance.
This position requires the incumbent to develop a working knowledge and understanding of the broad spectrum of UM's academic programs and research, including the liberal arts tradition, graduate and professional schools, and integrated, comprehensive two-year colleges. It is also expected they build an understanding and familiarity with both the University of Montana and Montana University System policies and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication
- Advanced computer literacy
- Strong sense of initiative with established record of project management
- Proven experience in team building, as well as working effectively as a team leader
- Experience with personnel and budget management
- Demonstrated experience with maintaining confidentiality and diplomacy
- Experience with data gathering, analysis and assessment activities
- Proven knowledge of supervisory practices and skills
- Experience with enrollment planning and program development
- Position is full-time, 1.0 FTE, Montana University System Contract and includes a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
- Salary for this position is $72,000 – 95,000 per year commensurate with qualifications
Minimum Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and five years of professional experience in admissions and recruitment with progressive responsibility
- Master’s degree
- Slate experience
- Proven University System experience with policies and procedures
About the Office of Enrollment and UM
The University of Montana transforms lives by providing a high-quality and accessible education and by generating world-class research and creative scholarship in an exceptional place. We integrate the liberal arts and sciences into undergraduate, graduate, and professional studies to shape global citizens who are creative and agile learners committed to expanding the boundaries of knowledge and to building and sustaining diverse communities.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and has a student body of approximately 10,000 undergraduates and graduates, including more than 1,500 students of color and more than 900 international students and scholars from more than 70 countries. We encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disability preference in accordance with state law.
Nestled in at the base of Mount Sentinel and on the banks of the Clark Fork River, UM campus is described as one of the most beautiful in the US. The region boasts unparalleled year around recreational opportunities and a vibrant arts and culture community. UM offers a unique opportunity for professional growth in a magnificent environment. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
UM provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. Located in the heart of western Montana’s stunning natural landscape, UM attracts first rate teachers, researchers, and students from around the world. A city within a city – with its own eateries, stores, medical facilities, banking and postal services, and zip code – UM has an increasingly diverse population and rich culture.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, November 29, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner