Classification: Administrative Staff- Full Time- 12 Month - 2080 Hours
Reports to: Assistant Director of Operations & Infrastructure
Description:The Data Engineer is responsible for optimizing, automating and analyzing data across the University. Position requires technical versatility and creativity to deliver solutions that serve the University community. The Data Engineer will leverage strong analytic abilities and excellent communication skills to improve university processes, contribute ideas, solutions, and energy to a high-performing, motivated team. This position requires occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Design and build applications and solutions in support of Big
Data, knowledge management, and workflow automation.
- Design and build tools, applications, and solutions in support
of data transformation, data pipelines, data structures, and
metadata repositories for extraction, transformation, and loading
of data from a wide variety of data sources into a common
- Design and build applications to automate business processes,
optimize data delivery, and increase scalability.
- Design and build analytics tools that provide real-time
actionable insights into key business performance
- Communicate with end-users to evaluate business processes,
assess needs, identify key challenges, define user requirements,
project scope, and deliverables. Complete other duties as
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; Major in Computer Science, Software
Engineering or equivalent.
- Big Data, data warehousing, and data integration development
- Development experience with SQL, NoSQL, R, Python, Java, web
services, data integration techniques, and cross platform
development. Experience with SQL in the context of at least one
programming language is required.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with multiple
RDBMS databases desired.
- Higher education experience preferred.
- Data engineering development experience.
- Experience working with structured data, unstructured content,
and Big Data.
- Advanced data engineering, data analytics, and data
visualization skills desired.
- Machine Learning and AI experience desired.
Human Relations Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving
- Ability to coordinate multiple assignments and
- Ability to work both independently and as a team
- Service-oriented attitude.
- Candidates must be willing and able to support and advance the
Job Number: #1920-114
Please reference job #1920-114 and submit cover letter and resume to: CUcareers@carrollu.edu
100 N. East Avenue
Waukesha, WI 53186
Carroll University does not discriminate in any manner contrary to law or justice on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran's status in administration of programs or in the employment of faculty and staff. EOE