Penn State Schuylkill is seeking a Coordinator of Career Services to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Cooperative Education, the Coordinator of Career Services is responsible for providing career counseling to students on topics including career exploration and planning; resume and cover letter writing; interviewing skills; co-op, internship, and job search preparation; and selecting and applying to graduate school programs.
The Coordinator of Career Services work will include the following:
- Actively outreach to students to offer support in career planning and preparation
- Assist students in searching for positions through review of internet job boards, Nittany Lion Careers, and utilizing connections with professional networks and alumni
- Take students to Penn State career, internship, and job fairs
- Plan and manage events related to Career Services, including the Business Etiquette Dinner, Majors to Career Fair, employer information sessions and panels, career expos, networking events, and other in-person and virtual events
- Work with first-year and transfer students to ensure they have completed profiles on LinkedIn, Nittany Lion Careers, and LionLink and assist returning students in keeping their profiles updated
- Produce an annual report assessing the impact of the Penn State Schuylkill career services office
- Teach up to four sections of credit-bearing career development courses each semester
- Work closely with colleagues from the Eastern Region campuses to identify and share co-op, internship, and job opportunities for students
The Coordinator of Career Services will assist the Director of Cooperative Education in recruiting employers to join the Consortium of Co-Op Employers, assisting students through interviews for co-op and internship experiences, and supervising students during their internships and co-op experiences in the field. Ensure Penn State Schuylkill's Career Development Center programs, services, resources, and events are in close alignment with the goals of Penn State Schuylkill and Penn State Career Services as well as national career development and cooperative education standards.
The Coordinator of Career Services should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills—including the development and delivery of presentations, experience developing programs and materials, analytical skills and experience with developing and implementing assessments and metrics that are used to improve performance, fluency with office technology, and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse populations. This position typically requires a Master's degree in education, higher education, business, or a related field and experience with providing career related experiences and programs. A valid driver`s license and successful completion of a motor vehicle records check will be required as this position necessitates that the Coordinator of Career Services operate a motor vehicle as a part of their job duties. Employment with the University will require successful completion of background checks in accordance with University policies.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://psu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/PSU_Staff/job/Penn-State-Schuylkill/Career-Counselor_REQ_0000007579-2
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.