Director of Partnerships
THE PEREGRINE FUND
MISSION: Conserving Birds of Prey Worldwide
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF PARTNERSHIPS
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Partnerships (DP) works as a member of the Development Team (led by the VP for Partnerships) to primarily identify, research, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and other sources of conservation finance. The DP is also expected to support proposal development for individuals and foundations, seek other conservation finance mechanisms appropriate to specific projects globally, as well as assist as needed in all fundraising activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The DP will identify, evaluate, cultivate and solicit major gift donors for restricted, annual, special project funding, planned gifts or other revenue needs of The Peregrine Fund. This position will also develop and execute cultivation plans for major gift prospects. In addition, the DP will create opportunities to engage donors and prospects with conservation program leaders or TPF Executive staff as appropriate. The DP will identify additional opportunities and mechanisms for conservation finance and prioritize the most likely sources with greatest organizational need.
RESPONSIBILITES AND SCOPE
- Achieve annual revenue goals for areas of responsibilities.
- With a focus on major donors, develop robust pipeline for realization of steady revenue growth.
- Prepare and execute solicitation proposals.
- Identify and qualify new major gift prospects.
- Help establish fundraising goals for major gifts and other conservation finance mechanisms to ensure close coordination of annual and other major longer term giving efforts.
- Travel regularly alone or with the President, program leaders or other staff to develop relationships with and raise money from major donors and other prospects, both philanthropic and financial.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date tracking of all major gift prospects and provide input on other conservation finance fundraising areas.
- Attend and assist with development-related events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Major gifts and other conservation finance fundraising experience.
- Experience in soliciting and closing major gifts of $25,000 or more
- Experience in managing and tracking multiple prospects and donors.
- Experience building and maintaining long-term relationships with fundraising constituents including individuals, foundations, corporations, and other sources of conservation finance such as development agencies and banks.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Experience working with word processing, database management, and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated commitment to the conservation of nature.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in field(s) of philanthropy, conservation finance, economics, and/or ecology, environmental, or conservation practices strongly preferred.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in current trends in charitable giving in the areas of capital campaigns, major gifts or planned giving.
- Experience, coursework, or other training in other conservation finance mechanisms.
- Knowledge of birds and particularly birds of prey, or passion for conservation of nature in general.
- Frequent travel.
- Work long and flexible hours as needed including potential opportunities to travel internationally.
- Work environment involves infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements and minor physical exertion and/or strain while traveling.
ONBOARDING: This senior position must quickly gain an intimate knowledge of the organization to identify how and where s/he can best assist our conservation finance needs.
The first 1-2 months should be spent gaining first-hand experience with, and becoming inspired by, our field conservation projects, interpretive center operations, captive propagation work, and science center (GRIN)…and the staff whom s/he will be working with and serving.
Based upon this initial exposure to the organization, s/he will write 5-year plan of action with a detailed account of year-one actions and goals that will be reviewed and agreed by the VP for Partnerships and President by the end of the third month, and will be used to benchmark progress at 12 month intervals thereafter. S/he will participate as a team member in twice monthly (virtual) Development Team meetings to gain team support and provide input.
WORK WITH THE PEREGRINE FUND: The Peregrine Fund is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for raptor conservation and people around the world that touches down on five continents and all 50 United States. Founded in 1970, the mission of The Peregrine Fund is to conserve birds of prey worldwide. We do this by using science-based decision tools to prevent the extinction of endangered raptors, protect intact areas of high raptor conservation value, and resolve landscape level threats that affect multiple species. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce.
The Peregrine Fund offers competitive compensation based on experience and qualifications, a 403(b) retirement savings-plan with a direct employer contribution for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and a significant opportunity for proven performers for promotion from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a background screening before final offer of employment is made.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boise
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boise
- Development & Advancement Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boise
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boise
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boise