Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship
Division of Academic Affairs
Center for Entrepreneurship- Tabor School of Business
Position Title: Director, Center for Entrepreneurship
Department: Tabor School of Business
FLSA Category: Exempt
- Reports to: Dean, Tabor School of Business
- Works Closely with: Students, Accelerator Program Instructors, Mentors, Entrepreneurs in Residence, Professor of Entrepreneurship, other Faculty
- Directly Supervises:
- Program Coordinator for Student Entrepreneurship Programs.
- Administrative Assistant
- Accelerator instructors and mentors.
- Graduate assistants.
The Director leads the curriculum Development of the Entrepreneurship program and development of entrepreneurial thinking in students on the Millikin campus, including students in non-business curriculums.
This position manages Accelerator Program, and hosts the incubator space in the Center for Entrepreneurship. This includes managing admittance for the Accelerator, selection of instructors, mentors, and potential project investors, and includes enlisting people for Entrepreneur in Residence positions.
Working with the Program Coordinator, this position will contribute to the data base of mentors and advisors for the entrepreneurial activity on the Millikin campus.
Primary Position Responsibilities
This position leads five key initiatives for the Center as part of the Tabor School of Business, including:
- Teaching Entrepreneurship courses each semester.
- Reviewing the Entrepreneurship Curriculum
- Successful management of the Accelerator and Incubator Programs
- Selection and evaluation of instructors and mentors for the Accelerator program.
- Guiding the establishment and funding of student run ventures on the Millikin Campus
- Promotion of student entrepreneurial organizations and competitions on campus.
- Creation and maintenance of a data base for mentors, instructors, and potential Accelerator clients, including the renewal and maintenance of relationships.
- Collaboration with outside resources to establish an entrepreneurship education and recruitment program in regional high schools.
- Recommend an annual budget for all Center activities and manage dispersement of gift and endowment funds with the Dean.
- Contribute to TSB and University initiatives, meetings, team sessions, and committees as appropriate or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD or DBA in Entrepreneurship or related field.
- Experience in starting a successful enterprise is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a wide variety of constituent groups.
- Strong interpersonal
- Evidence of personal initiative and follow through.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to plan, evaluate, and improve initiatives to achieve desired results.
All employees are expected to uphold the following values of the University:
- Commitment to the discovery of knowledge
- Civil debate
- Passion and enthusiasm
- Dignity and respect for individuals
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Integrity and responsibility
- Advancement of the greater good
- Typical for an office environment.
- Typical for an office environment.
- Typical working conditions found in most academic work areas
- Occasional evening and weekend working hour’s required, as well as occasional travel.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, and contact information of three professional references to www.millikin.edu/employment. Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled.
Employment and first day of work is contingent upon successful completion of background check. Millikin University is an equal opportunity employer. Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Millikin University is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn, and thrive. Millikin offers a competitive salary and full benefit package.