Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Analyst / Developer
Bemidji State University (BSU) and Northwest Technical College (NTC) invite applicants to join our Admissions team as the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Analyst / Developer. To accomplish our missions of “educating people to lead inspired lives” (BSU) and “preparing students for rewarding careers” (NTC), we prioritize creating a culture in which diversity is embraced and all people are safe, welcome, and validated. BSU and NTC are members of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and employ more than 600 faculty and staff.
The CRM Analyst / Developer is primarily responsible for managing and maintaining the CRM system and coordinating the CRM integration with associated technologies used for recruitment, admission, and retention. The CRM system supports the recruitment and admissions plan to enroll new freshman, graduate, international, transfer, and returning students at Bemidji State University (BSU) and Northwest Technical College (NTC). Under the joint direction from the Associate Director of Admissions and Chief Information Officer (CIO), the primary focus of this position is to optimize the CRM platform through leadership, management, and training to support functions such as:
- Coordinating and working with Information Technology Services (ITS) to implement data integration from other university systems
- Communication flows
- Collaborating with Institutional Research and Effectiveness (IRE) on data reporting and dashboard creation
- Data validation and cleaning
- End-user training and troubleshooting
Responsibilities of the CRM Analyst / Developer include:
- CRM Development & Management (55%):
- In partnership with ITS, collaborating with CRM vendors and developers, business analysts, and software architects to optimize CRM solutions and explore additional tools as needed.
- Providing CRM leadership and training to key recruitment areas,
- Freshman Students (Office of Admissions)
- Transfer and Distance Students (Center for Extended Learning)
- International Students (International Program Center)
- Graduate Students (Graduate Studies)
- Northwest Technical College (One Stop Admissions Team)
- Training responsibilities that include, but are not limited to: Communication Flows, Event Tracking, Travel Planning, Customized Dashboards and Business Intelligence (BI) Reports.
- Ongoing customization of the CRM to meet the needs of BSU and NTC.
- Performing independent analysis on data quality and develop routines to cleanse data quality issues.
- Managing daily reports and issues related to data in collaboration with IRE.
- Maintaining data integrity by periodically auditing database tables. Documenting, recommending, and implementing corrective actions when necessary.
- In partnership with IRE, producing data reports that will allow administration and user teams to make informed decisions.
- Monitoring CRM rights and individual/team license needs.
- Working closely with IRE, contributing to development and communication standards for using, providing access to, and reporting data.
- Independently, and as part of the Data Governance Committee, researching, assessing and reporting use of data standards and ways in which they can be modified as needs change.
- Providing access to data, as needed, by specific department (Advising Success Center, Records, and other departments).
- In partnership with ITS, monitoring daily (or on demand) integration of Student Information System (SIS) data into CRM and correcting import errors as needed.
- Working with ITS as needed, importing/exporting data from the CRM, including data provided from partners internally and externally.
- Supporting imaging software tools and users to efficiently match student records/data in a timely fashion.
- Working closely with ITS, preparing for Next Gen/ISRS transition and any future CRM opportunities/tools to best serve our students.
- Assisting in other BSU or NTC projects that are related to admission recruitment initiatives and require ITS coordination.
- Answering questions and resolving student, faculty and administration issues.
- Communicating effectively through written correspondence, phone, personal conversations, or electronic means to resolve customer issues.
- Maintaining confidentiality of private student data.
- Collaborating with partners in the MinnState System on system-wide initiatives relating to CRM, SIS, or admissions/enrollment IT projects.
- Coordinating reporting efforts of admission related data with IRE for annual reporting (IPEDS, US News & World Report, etc.).
- Suggesting revisions to forms and publications for prospective students to optimize CRM imports.
- Assisting with bulk and express mailings in accordance with postal regulations.
- Providing support to Admissions staff, when needed, including answering phones, retrieving CRM data, front desk tasks, mailings, and other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems or a related technical field such as business, computer science, data analytics, mathematics or applied science, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience using CRM tools.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or Business Administration preferred.
- Experience with CRM tools specifically designed for higher education (student information systems and imaging products).
- Experience developing training materials and facilitating effective training experiences in higher education.
- Experience working with underserved, underrepresented and marginalized populations.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your application and/or resume clearly demonstrate fulfillment of the qualifications.
Apply for Vacancy Posting 42251, on the Minnesota Management and Budget (MMB) website: http://mn.gov/mmb/careers/
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers
Inquiries about the position:
Robert Strand, Associate Director of Admissions and Scholarship Coordinator
If you have general questions about this posting or submitting an application, contact Teresa Hanson at email@example.com
UNIVERSITY / COMMUNITY
The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and
serves as a regional center for education, commerce, recreation,
health care, and the arts.
Bemidji State University, located amid the
lakes and forests of northern Minnesota, occupies a wooded campus
along the shore of Lake Bemidji. Enrolling more than 5,100
students, Bemidji State offers more than 80 undergraduate majors
and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select
professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State
system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of
more than 550. The university's Shared Fundamental Values include
environmental stewardship, civic engagement and international and
Northwest Technical College has prepared
students for fulfilling careers in high-demand fields for more than
50 years. The college’s accessible, affordable, hands-on programs
also help the region’s employers meet their ever-growing need for a
highly skilled workforce. NTC serves more than 1,000 students with
an excellent education, an open-enrollment policy and affordable
tuition. Students may pursue nearly 40 degree, diploma and
certificate programs in six distinct career paths. Classes are
offered on campus, online, or as a combination of both. NTC is a
member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and
In this Northwoods setting, students, staff and faculty have a
variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm
and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit
community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come
out to cheer for the Bemidji State Beavers. While the city of
Bemidji — named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed
Bemidji) — is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000
people, it serves a regional population of more than
Located between three American Indian reservations – Leech Lake,
Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University and
Northwest Technical College have the opportunity to experience a
dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center
of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous
statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the
south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban
conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State and
Northwest Tech are both conveniently located minutes away from
affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city
parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line
the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found
in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of
department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for
engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining
restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji.
The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows;
restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the
First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits;
and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon
Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The
Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area — just 12 miles north of campus — offers downhill skiing and campus-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Student Affairs Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bemidji
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Bemidji