Lecturers Part-Time - MEDEX - Family Medicine
The MEDEX Physician Assistant Program at the University of Washington seeks PA faculty members at its five campuses in Seattle, Tacoma and Spokane, WA, Anchorage, AK, and Kona, Hawaii. This is a 12-month non-tenure track position as a part-time lecturer in the Lecturer track.
Faculty assist in all aspects of the program including recruitment and the development, delivery and evaluation of the curriculum associated with the program.
Responsibilities may include:
- Classroom and on-line teaching
- developing syllabi, lectures and evaluation instruments
- coordinating or chairing at least one course
- advising and evaluating students
- working collaboratively with other faculty members, medical director, staff and invited guest lecturers
- developing and nurturing clinical sites and preceptors
- managing student placements throughout the second (clinical) year
- developing and maintaining the clinical year curriculum
- and supervising clinical end-of-rotation activities
- admissions activities, scholarly activity, committees, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Eligible for PA licensure in the state of assigned campus
- Completion of a Physician Assistant program
- A master's degree
- Teaching experience in either a classroom or clinical setting is required.
- Current NCCPA certification or equivalent and two years of clinical experience
We are interested in candidates who are committed to developing and supporting diversity and inclusion in the work and learning environment. Faculty members enjoy a generous benefits package. All University of Washington faculty engage in teaching, research, and service.
When submitting application materials, please designate campus of interest in cover letter.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Commitment to Diversity
The University of Washington is committed to building diversity among its faculty, librarian, staff, and student communities, and articulates that commitment in the UW Diversity Blueprint (http://www.washington.edu/diversity/diversity-blueprint/). Additionally, the University’s Faculty Code recognizes faculty efforts in research, teaching and/or service that address diversity and equal opportunity as important contributions to a faculty member’s academic profile and responsibilities (https://www.washington.edu/admin/rules/policies/FCG/FCCH24.html#2432).
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Seattle
- Curriculum & Instruction Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Seattle
- Education Administration & Leadership Non-Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Part Time jobs in Seattle