Director of Campus Safety
Director of Campus Safety
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of Campus Safety Officers, Dispatchers and Support staff in providing a community-center safety culture and work to establish a vision, a strong team culture and inspire their team to work collectively toward that vision. Collaborate widely across the institution and local community in promoting safety on campus and developing educational and informational outreach programs to maintain effective community relations and open communication.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- Undergraduate degree, along with 10 years of progressive responsible public safety experience, including a minimum of five years of managerial experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of an associate degree is required.
- Prior experience within higher education.
- Demonstrated ability to engage with a broad and diverse range of stakeholders within the university and surrounding communities; a strong background in community-centered law enforcement; proven experience operating in a multi-faceted and diverse organizational structure; experience effectively managing crisis situations; and a record of positive community engagement and public relations.
- Demonstrated experience and a genuine commitment to working with diverse communities, and fostering an inclusive environment based on trust and mutual respect.
- A commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and supporting students from different backgrounds; demonstrated cultural competency
- Deep knowledge of security operations, applicable federal and state laws and expertise with Clery Act, Title IX, response to alcohol/drug issues, mental health concerns, bias incidents, hate crimes, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as oral and written communication
- Ability to motivate a team while holding all staff accountable.
- Knowledge of, and commitment to, community-centered safety and knowledge and experience with effective change management techniques.
To learn more about the position and to apply, please visit employment.denison.edu. Candidates applying by November 6, 2020 will be assured full consideration. Position open until filled.
Denison University offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including tuition benefits at Denison and affiliated colleges throughout the Midwest and a generous retirement contribution. Granville, Ohio, is a place you have to see to believe: lovely, sophisticated, and charming, with an excellent public school system, easy access to outdoor activities like biking, hiking, and kayaking, and is only 27 miles from the thriving nightlife and award winning cuisine of Columbus, Ohio, the 15th largest metro area in the United States.
Denison University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. To achieve our mission as a liberal arts college, we continually strive to foster a diverse campus community, which recognizes the value of all persons regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or socio-economic background.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Granville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Granville
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Granville
- Safety & Security Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Granville