Sport Administration, Fixed Term Faculty (Teaching Assistant Professor)
- A Master’s degree in Sport Administration or related discipline is required with an earned doctorate (PhD, EdD, JD) in Sport Administration or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated collegiate-level teaching experience and supervision of interns is preferred.
- Extensive experience and/or relationships within the sport industry is/are preferred.
- Teach students from diverse life experiences and learning styles in two to three of the following courses: introduction to sport administration, sport economics/finance, field experience in sport administration (internships), and facility and event management.
- Perform academic advising for intellectually, culturally, and experientially diverse undergraduate students in the department’s major and specializations (exercise and sport science general track, sport administration, and fitness professional).
- Perform career advising of sport administration majors with an emphasis on connecting students with industry professionals.
- Assist student-run Sport Administration Club with programming and advising.
- Help foster the climate of inclusion and equity outlined by the mission of the Department and University.
- Participate in departmental and university service and governance functions.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as may be assigned by the Chair of the Department.
Candidates should apply at http://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/184782 and upload a letter of application, a teaching statement highlighting the candidate’s teaching and mentoring philosophies, and curriculum vitae. The application materials should reflect the candidate’s commitment to the Department’s goal of establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment. At the time of application, candidates are required to identify the names, titles, and email addresses of three professional references who may be contacted by email with instructions for submitting letters of recommendation.
For additional information regarding this position, please contact Nels Popp, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Review of applicants will begin 30 days after the posting open date and continue until the position is filled
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a major research University in the North Carolina state system with enrollment of over 30,000 students. The Department of Exercise and Sport Science supports an undergraduate program of over 1,400 undergraduate majors, 30% of whom identify as Black, Indigenous, or as a Person of Color. The department has three undergraduate specialization areas (Exercise and Sport Science, Fitness Professional, and Sport Administration); a graduate program of 60 students, consisting of a Master of Arts program (Exercise Physiology, Sport Administration, Athletic Training), and a Doctoral program in Human Movement Science in cooperation with the UNC-CH School of Medicine. The department aims to foster an inclusive climate and fair practices for all its students, faculty, and staff.
The undergraduate specialization in sport administration currently enrolls nearly 300 students, with alumni working in all facets of the sport industry. The graduate sport administration specialization includes 18 master’s degree seeking students, is focused on the preparation of collegiate athletics administrators, and operates in close association with the UNC-Chapel Hill Department of Athletics.
For more information regarding UNC and the Department of Exercise and Sport Science, please see our website at: http://exss.unc.edu/.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Chapel Hill
- Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Chapel Hill
- Other Business & Management Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Chapel Hill
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Chapel Hill
- Recreation & Leisure Studies Non-Tenured Track Competitive Full Time jobs in Chapel Hill