Assistant/Associate/Full Professor of Cybersecurity
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) at St. Cloud State University (SCSU) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor position(s) in Cybersecurity for the Fall 2021 academic year. The successful candidate should be committed to excellence in teaching and dedicated to preparing the next generation of information technology and cybersecurity practitioners. The candidate will primarily serve a vibrant undergraduate program in Cybersecurity and a graduate program, offered jointly with the Herberger Business School, in Information Assurance. Graduates from our programs are recognized across the state for their high quality. Students from the Cybersecurity program have consistently placed near the top in state-wide and regional cyber-defense competitions. The department also offers majors in Computer Science and Software Engineering. The Computer Science program is ABET-accredited and there are plans to seek ABET accreditation for the other programs. Research emphases in one or more of the following specializations are preferred: Internet of Things (IoT) Computing, Safe Computing, Data Security and Privacy, Computer and Software Security, Human Behavior Security, Cloud Computing Security, Mobile Applications Security, Online Scam Detection.
Candidates are expected to share St. Cloud State’s commitment to our mission and values, especially our commitment to the holistic education of our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. Such a candidate will be expected to establish and maintain a professional goal to become an outstanding member of the teaching faculty by using research-based, “best practice” pedagogy, by participating in alternative delivery methods such as online and hybrid courses, and by regularly engaging in ongoing professional development and innovation opportunities focused on pedagogical growth offered within the College and at SCSU.
In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignment effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B).
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization here.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be to contribute to the course delivery, curriculum development, and assessment of the Cybersecurity program. Course delivery may include face-to-face, online, and hybrid approaches. Support is expected, including course assignments, for other programs offered by the department, including Computer Science and Software Engineering. The successful candidate will be effective in the recruitment and retention of students and the development of partnerships with both industry and government.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or related field with an emphasis in Cybersecurity (“ABD” candidates will be considered if there is clear evidence of degree completion by the time of appointment)
- Excellent communications skills
- Deep appreciation of equity, diversity and inclusiveness supported by evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
Preferred QualificationsAcademic experience in Cybersecurity program(s)
- Industrial experience in cybersecurity
- Potential for successful collaborative and/or interdisciplinary
- Demonstrated abilities to forge synergetic academic and industrial partnerships
- Credentials, expertise and leadership skills to become a leader in the program
- Record of peer-reviewed or peer-edited publications
- Record of teaching using research-based best practices
- Record of development in pedagogy
- External grants and contracts experience
- Interdisciplinary experience
- Potential to nurture holistic development and provide a sense of belonging to students
- Experience in the teaching and assessment of credentialed, high-quality online courses
- Knowledge of Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) requirements for Information Technology programs
- Potential for successful collaborative and/or interdisciplinary work in the college’s Integrated Science and Engineering Lab Facility (ISELF), especially within the visualization lab
Founded in 1869, St. Cloud State is an award-winning regional public university and proud member of the Minnesota State Universities & Colleges system. The 100-acre campus is about an hour northwest of Minneapolis and St. Paul, along the oak-crowned west bank of the Mississippi River. St. Cloud State students prepare for life, work and citizenship by exploring the world around them and making it better. St. Cloud State employees value active and applied learning, community engagement, sustainability, and global and cultural understanding. These commitments complement more than 200 majors, minors and pre-professional programs, 60 graduate programs and 250 student clubs and organizations. St. Cloud State began as a normal school in 1869 and became St. Cloud State Teachers College in 1921. Bachelor’s degrees were first offered in 1925. Master’s degrees debuted in 1957. In 1975, the institution became St. Cloud State University. In recent years, the University added applied doctoral programs in Higher Education Administration and Educational Administration and Leadership. A diverse mix of students from Midwestern towns and U.S. metropolitan areas are learning alongside more than 1,000 international students from about 80 nations.
Additional information on St. Cloud State University can be found here.
Why Work For Us
Help students achieve their educational dreams. We are looking for diverse people with passion, who are engaged, serious in the work of helping those who strive and desire a college education to achieve their goals.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, status with regards to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or status as a U.S. veteran. The Title IX coordinator at St. Cloud State University is Judith Siminoe. For additional information, contact the Office of Institutional Equity & Access, (320) 308-5123, Admin. Services Bldg. Rm 102
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Computer Sciences & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta
- Other Science & Technology Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Saint Augusta