Department Chair and Assistant/Associate Professor, Nutrition and Public Health
The Department of Nutrition and Public Health at the University of Saint Joseph is seeking applicants for a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position as Department Chair, Assistant or Associate Professor, of the Nutrition and Public Health Department, to begin July 1, 2021. The department offers undergraduate programs in public health, dietetics, nutrition and wellness, health science and exercise science, a post-graduate accredited dietetic internship, and an online Master's degrees in Nutrition, and an online Master's in Public Health. Faculty within the department also conduct research with several active funded grants.
The Department Chair will provide leadership and administrative guidance to support all majors and programs. The Chair will work in conjunction with each program director to assist in meeting all program goals and with individual faculty to promote their professional objectives.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to preparing department reports, budgets, course schedules, overseeing curriculum, hiring and representing the department at school and university meetings. The Department Chair reports to the Dean of the School of Interdisciplinary Sciences.
This faculty may teach in both undergraduate on-campus programs and graduate online classes dependent on one's academic background and experiences. Responsibilities as a USJ Professor comprise active participation in department, school, and university activities and committees. In accordance with the University's mission, faculty members are also responsible for advancing development in pedagogy, scholarship, mentoring student research, and service to the school, university and affiliated communities.
- Qualifications include an earned Ph.D or Dr.P.H in nutrition, public health or a related field.
- The ideal candidate will have experience in on-campus and online teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level, previous experience working in one of the department's majors, and experience in program administration and accreditation.
- We are seeking a candidate with administrative and organizational ability to develop curriculum, encourage appropriate innovation and maintain academic standards.
- Candidates should have the cultural competency experience and skills necessary to work with an increasingly diverse student body and neighboring communities.
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation
About University of Saint Joseph:
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
The University has been recognized as a top national university in Connecticut by U.S. News & World Report's Best College Rankings including being the #1 Connecticut University in "Top Performers on Social Mobility," #2 Connecticut University in "Best Value Schools," and #3 Connecticut University in "Best National Universities."
Ideally situated midway between Boston and New York City, the beautiful 84-acre Olmsted-designed campus is one mile from West Hartford's thriving downtown, and provides an array of cultural events, occasions for spiritual development, and fitness and recreational options. The University also has an active presence outside our campus, reaching into the surrounding community through internships, community service projects, new program and partnerships.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built. We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Persons interested in the above position should apply at
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae.
- Letter of interest addressing all qualifications for the position; please include salary requirements
- Statement of teaching philosophy and research interests (two pages maximum)
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three current professional references (contact information only, there is a section on the employment application to include this information)
The University of Saint Joseph is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Nutrition Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford