Research Assistant I
The Mack Lab is focused on studying the genetic and epigenetic basis of brain tumors using a variety of modern molecular and sequencing based approaches. We are seeking research assistant I candidate who will: 1) Assist lab members with general molecular and cell biology experiments, 2) Drive independent experiments with direction from the PI, and 3) Assist with overall laboratory maintenance and operations. This candidate will also be central to data analysis, interpretation, and manuscript preparation.
- Lead brain and in utero surgical procedures in mice.
- Work with mice, maintaining colony, health checks/records, assist with animal surgical procedures.
- Work with other lab members to interface with the Texas A&M
Drug Discovery Core Generic Duties:
- Design and conduct laboratory research experiments.
- Collect, compile and analyze data; maintains records.
- Conduct literature searches and summarize information as needed.
- Select and determine appropriate research procedures
- Assist with generating reports for general laboratory safety and maintenance.
- Report generation for animal IACUC reviews.
- Train others and assist with experiments of student/fellows.
- Molecular biology: DNA, RNA, protein work.
- Tissue culture.
- Must be willing to work with advanced computational software related to next-generation sequencing.
- Must be willing to work with animals.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Master's degree in a related field
- Must have precision in preparing materials and recording data
- Critical thinking: Related to experimental design and statistical assessment
- Some tasks will require the individual to stand for periods of time
- Will be expected to travel main Baylor (5-min walk) to work with collaborative labs and cores
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biology & Life Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston