Research Coordinator I
Location: Main BCM and affiliated hospitals (TCH and HHS).
This position will involve working with multiple collection of samples within our affiliated hospitals locations such as Ben Taub Hospital and Texas Children's Pavilion for Women Hospital for Dr. Aagaard's Peri bank studies.
The Research Coordinator will collaborate with a team of other Research Coordinators to ensure the successful execution of human subjects research protocols and clinical trials within the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. In this role, the candidate will be primarily responsible for conducting screening, enrollment, and follow-up visit procedures for human subjects associated with IRB-approved protocols and perform appropriate data entry on behalf of Dr. Aagaard's Peribank. Experience in a clinical setting and customer service is required.
- Coordinates day to day activities of clinical research protocols.
- Ensures accurate data collection, documentation, organization and safety of study volunteers.
- Obtain informed consent from eligible subjects at collaborating hospitals.
- Completes case report forms and enter data into study database.
- Maintains records for clinical study and regulatory documents.
- Files and copies research documents.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
- Education Required: High School diploma or GED.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.