Manages and promotes the research activities of a Baylor College of Medicine laboratory to assist faculty in teaching and/or research programs in the Department of Surgery - Division of Surgical Oncology.
- Mentor lab members.
- Train graduate students and other laboratory personnel.
- Supervise laboratory personnel in a variety of laboratory duties.
- Guide research program in coordination with PI.
- Develop independent research projects in consultation with the PI.
- Responsible for design and implementation of experiments relevant to the project.
- Develop and validate mouse immunotherapy models of cancer.
- Responsible for drafting manuscripts for publication in scientific journals.
- Work closely with PI to develop research grant proposals for the laboratory.
- Present work at local, national and/or international conferences.
- Oversight of lab regulatory documentation in coordination with
- Assist PI in writing and submission of animal research protocols for approval.
- Maintain research databases using scientific software.
- Maintain and update records of scientific data.
- Oversight of Lab Maintenance.
- Consults with faculty to determine equipment purchase priorities based on budget, condition of existing equipment, and scheduled laboratory activities.
- Demonstrate use and care of equipment to research personnel in the laboratory.
- Confers with faculty periodically to evaluate new equipment and methods.
- Manage Animal colony.
- Manage mouse breeding and maintenance of mouse breeding colony.
- Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience, with prior supervisory experience.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston