Grant Writer (Remote)
The Grant Writer supports the Masonic Medical Research Institute (MMRI) faculty and development team in preparing persuasive written fundraising and scientific grant materials including proposals, reports, solicitation letters, financial budgets and reports for sponsored agencies, federal grant agencies, foundations, corporations, institutional donors, and donor prospects.
Will work in all facets of the grant application process including researching, writing, submitting and tracking of grant proposals and in reporting to sponsors as required. Develop strategies and match grant opportunities in accordance with MMRI research initiatives. Actively participates with MMRI leadership, faculty and staff to identify and secure funding from major, national sponsors to meet institutional revenue goals.
Communicates award status with grants administration and the program staff/participants. Establishes and maintains relationships with the leadership and remains knowledgeable about potential funding priorities. With the PI and Grant Administrator, works to ensure that all paperwork related to grants is completed in an expeditious manner.
This position requires scientific knowledge, writing skills, and a high degree of competence, skill, creativity, judgment, that adhere to high standards of professionalism and confidentiality. Must have the ability to work well under the pressure of meeting mandatory deadlines.
- Works with senior administration, research faculty and program staff to tie grant opportunities with departmental needs of the MMRI.
- Oversees study timelines and progress with respect to Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) as well as to study sponsors for all research protocols for the Department
- Prepares drafts of grant applications, manuscripts, abstracts, and poster presentations.
- Monitors progress of funded projects.
- Manages information to support proposal development
- Assists in the development of research methodologies and protocols for the Department
- Prepares and submit reports as required to sponsoring agencies.
- Understands and observes funding requirements and guidelines.
- Tracks deadlines of all funding sources.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in molecular biology, genetics, or related discipline; B.S. will only be considered on a case by case basis based on level of experience.
- 5+ year’s grant writing experience required with verifiable experience in research, scientific writing and securing of grants in the non-profit and/or for-profit sector;
- Knowledge of NIH and other funding agencies, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Computer skills required for word processing, spreadsheet, and accounting information system software
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills for competitive grant applications, publications, administrative materials, and other research communications;
- Experience of standard grant development concepts, practices, and procedures in a research environment preferred;
- Ability to grasp complicated technical subjects, synthesize diverse lines of evidence and apply these abilities to technical writing required;
- Experience handling the scientific writing and project management process for complex multi-investigator and institutional grant applications strongly preferred;
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams of investigators, senior leadership and administrative personnel required;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to meet deadlines; and,
- Strong project management skills and experience required.
The may be a fully remote position.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Utica
- Grants & Contracts Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Utica
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Utica
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Utica