Accounts Payable Specialist 998334
Xavier is a Jesuit Catholic University rooted in the liberal arts tradition. It is our mission to educate each student intellectually, morally, and spiritually. We continually strive for our Xavier community to learn, serve and succeed in an ever-changing world. Xavier University offers a generous benefits package that includes Retirement plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, paid time off, many other benefits. We reward and recognize our people and support their career development.
Xavier University is seeking applicants for the position of Accounts Payable Specialist (Lead) in the department of Central Procurement and Accounts Payable. They will be responsible for performing various Accounts Payable functions such as: Running weekly check runs, processing vendor invoices, processing expense reports, and maintaining accounts payable correspondence in an accurate and timely manner. The position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager. This role will assist with the supervision of the Accounts Payable Specialist and back up the Accounts Payable manager in some functions. We are looking for a mission driven individual that excels in customer service, accuracy in their performance and working in a team environment.
- Responsible for Entries & Reconciliations of Vendor Accounts.
- Responsible for entry of one-time check requests and other one-time payments
- Responsible for weekly check runs and one time check runs as needed
- Responsible for entry and continuity of auto lease payments
- Responsible to review of statements and collection of any missing invoices to ensure payment.
- Provide assistance to walk in customers and any phone call inquiries (employees or students) and inquiries and documents submitted to the Accounts Payable email box.
- Answer questions from internal departments regarding payments, Banner transactions, Accounts Payable’s procedures, etc.
- Answer questions from vendors regarding payments or open invoices.
- Make necessary entries for Accounts Payable transactions in XavierBuy for emergency or non-procurement invoices and assist AP Manager with corrections to other transactions that allow for efficient bill payment.
- Responsible for backing up the AP function in a staff member’s absence including electronic invoice entry, and pulling of invoices from websites as scheduled.
- Back up for supervision of student workers in a staff member’s absence.
- Assist AP Manager with maintenance and upkeep of procedures manual.
- Assist AP Manager with other projects
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable.
- High school or GED required.
- Analytical abilities are needed to resolve budget questions or help others with problems and questions-both internal and external customers. Must be able to problem solve and recognize issues/problems and resolve them.
- Moderate to advanced skills in Excel preferred.
- Must be able to function in an increasingly electronic environment with proven ability to learning new systems.
- Must have high attention to detail.
- Must have proven experience working with Office systems such as Excel and Outlook
- Must have proven written and verbal capabilities.
- Must have proven customer service ability.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website by November 8, 2020 .
In your cover letter, please include specific details about your experience level and comfort working in Excel.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Cincinnati