ITS Audio/Visual Technician III
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Information Technology Technical Associate Position's Functional Title ITS Audio/Visual Technician III Position Start Date Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire an Information Technology Audio/Visual Technician III to provide Technical Support primarily for the Audio/Visual Systems and to provide Computer support for Governors State University. This position interacts with almost every level of the organization (Board Members, Administrators, Faculty, Staff and Students) where being courteous and maintaining a high level of professionalism is critical.
Technical Support may be in the areas of audio/visual (hardware/software), computer operations, repair, imaging, deployment, user support (hardware and software), and service desk operations.
This position performs a variety of level III duties to ensure smooth delivery of technology services such as, but not limited to, audio/visual design, deployment, repair and troubleshooting, computer imaging, delivery, repair and installation, printer deployment and repair, monitoring service desk ticket que, creating and resolving tickets, and various other duties as assigned.
This position also monitors, operates, coordinates, assists and trains others in the operation of audio/visual equipment hardware/software, computer
hardware/software, and peripherals in order to achieve desired results.
This position will work independently with minimal supervision, creates documentation when necessary, may conduct and/or assist in training sessions, assists in the scheduling and distribution of work with other staff members, student workers, and temporary workers. Updates supervisor on status of projects and technical issues. Exercises sound judgment and creativity in selecting and applying process and procedures correctly, and determines when to refer problems to their supervisor or the next level of support. May provide information and training to faculty, staff, students or, general public on established policies and procedures, and/or services provided.
Salary: up to $77,500.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
GSU DOES NOT PROVIDE VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS POSITION .
Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
A. Progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
B. College course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
• 60 semester hours or Associate’s Degree equals one (1) year.
• 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor’s Degree equals two (2) years.
• Strong Understanding of audio/visual technology; ability to multi-task; work under pressure; excellent time management skills; open to continuous learning and upgrading skills.
• Extron programing experience or similar.
• Extron Certification.
Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience working in a higher education environment
• Audio/Visual Design and Implementation Experience
• CompTIA Certifications such as, A+ Certification, Network+, Security+, etc.
• Microsoft Certifications such as, MCSA, MOS, MCSE, etc.
• Other Industry Certifications such as, Linux, Apple/Mac, Ivanti, etc.
Posting Date 10/23/2020 Closing Date 11/02/2020 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0467P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting http://employment.govst.edu/postings/5543 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
2: Cover Letter.
4: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Notes: Must be received by the closing date of this posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Cover Letter
- Veteran’s Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest